ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

3rd Party Programs Shut Down

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/22/12 10:30 PM Views: 1293 Replies: 6
Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 10:30 PM

What's going on with the 3rd party programs I have setup on my website. Picture Trail is now shut down, why did that happen? Smile Box works intermediately, why, what's going on here???

Sunday, September 23, 2012 at 12:13 PM - Response #1

It's not a CC problem....your problem is with the 3rd party programs..they come and go...it's the nature of the beast!
I took most of my 3rd party programs off my site..cause they are not reliable, especially if they are free.Rolling EyesWinkWink

Edited 09/23/12 12:15 PM
Sunday, September 23, 2012 at 1:40 PM - Response #2

Darlene that's the heck of it....I paid for both and they still do not work. What are you using for birthdays on your site? Thanks for the response.

Sunday, September 23, 2012 at 2:03 PM - Response #3

I use the one that CC has..I don't use the celebrity part. Are you using a different one?

Sunday, September 23, 2012 at 2:05 PM - Response #4

You should toggle on the switch so your classmate profiles are not viewable to the public..I can see all of their info..no a good security measure....check the box where it says you must be signed in to see this information in edit site pages.WinkWink

Sunday, September 23, 2012 at 5:17 PM - Response #5

Darlene thanks for mentioning the security issue, where do I go to get this fixed? Thanks

Sunday, September 23, 2012 at 6:29 PM - Response #6

Go to Edit site Pages..then check the box password protected on any pages you don't want the public to see....search engines will find the alumni who want it to be found..if they don't they will have a lock symbol next to their name. We sent an email to the whole class telling them how to do it and also told them about white-listing the site so it doesn't end up in their junk or spam box.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.