ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

http://www.countdownclock.org/

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/22/09 01:34 PM Views: 2115 Replies: 9
Friday, May 22, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Hi ... I've copied the HTML code that countdownclock.org gives, but it doesn't work. When viewing the page, there's a blank, and when editing the page, I get the "FLASH" logo ... can you help?

quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200"
name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">embed>
target="_blank">COUNTDOWNCLOCK

Edited 05/23/09 10:19 PM
Friday, May 22, 2009 at 1:57 PM - Response #1

Hi ... I pasted the same looking clock from pageplugins.com, and it worked!

Friday, May 22, 2009 at 4:10 PM - Response #2

I'm not sure what's up with countdownclock.org lately, but I'm glad you got the other one working. Your clock code sure blew out our forums quite nicely. Smile

Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 10:54 AM - Response #3

I had the same problem with the countdown clock a few days ago. It won't show up on the page after I am out of the edit mode, unless it's a blank box with Flash on it. In the past I've been successful getting it on the page but it never stays more than a week or two, then it mysteriously disappears. Any suggestions?

Additionally, I've been trying to get an answer as to why I no longer have the additional colors when I click the button to get more than the usual pallet in the edit mode. What's up with that? Frustrating...

Thanks,
Retha

Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 5:15 PM - Response #4

Hey gang, I just posted a countdown clock on my website. I had read about all the problems with countdownclock.org, and I really didn't like the design of their clocks anyway.... but I found a nice, clean design at http://mycountdown.org/Special_Day/Reunion/

Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 10:21 PM - Response #5

Retha Hubbard wrote:

I've been trying to get an answer as to why I no longer have the additional colors when I click the button to get more than the usual pallet in the edit mode. What's up with that? Frustrating...

Thanks,
Retha

When I click "More Colors" I'm seeing more colors like I'm supposed to. Is that not working for you? Note, there are millions of possible colors. If you happen to have any photo editing or drawing program all of them display the 6 character color code that you can copy and paste into our editor (i.e. you can enter literally millions of color values and thus get the exact color you want).

Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 10:30 PM - Response #6

Hi Brad ... you say I "blew out the forum" ... should I not have pasted the HTML code? If I wasn't following proper etiquette, I apoligize.

Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 11:03 PM - Response #7

Nah, it's fine. One some really long lines with no spaces it helps to just press the enter key so the page doesn't blow out. Happens frequently when people paste embed code, no biggie.

Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 11:20 PM - Response #8

Gotcha. I should know better. I'm in the IT business.

Overall, a great site Brad. I'm thoroughly enjoying putting up our site, and I'm getting all sorts of kudos from my classmates. Three weeks ago, one member of my class sait to another that "Fred would never get our reunion organized" ... now look; three weeks later!

I really found it usefull to have references to third party "addons" that behave nicely and enhance our sites.

Your ClassCreator project is great, regardless of price. With reference to the cost, it's outstanding! And I don't throw praise around too easily. And, being in the IT business (I've paid $1000s for support from CISCO, IBM, etc.) I know your email support is very fast and informative.

Thanks.

Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 2:33 AM - Response #9

Thank you Fred. Appreciate that. Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.