ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

How to Stop sending messages to a classmate.

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/06/18 06:47 PM Views: 551 Replies: 5
Wednesday, June 6, 2018 at 6:47 PM

I have a classmate that I seem to have offended. They do not wish to receive anymore e-mails, but I would like to keep them on the list in case there is another reunion so we have their mailing address. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks

Wednesday, June 6, 2018 at 8:49 PM - Response #1

If the classmate goes to Notify Me, he/she can check Never on all the choices, thus eliminating emails from everyone, including Email the Class emails from the administrator.

Even though they check Never on every box, as long as they are a site member, you'll still know their email from their Details on the Manage Classmates page. So, you'll be able to send them a private email about an upcoming reunion.

Thursday, June 7, 2018 at 12:22 AM - Response #2

Thanks Scott, but this solution would not work for me as this person is not a member of our site (has not joined) but does have an e-mail on file. So when I send an e-mail message to the class he gets it. Of course, I could always delete him but then if the class uses the website to send out invitations to another reunion, he would not get one. I need something on my side to indicate classmate is not to be included in e-mail messages.

Hope that clears it up a bit.

Thursday, June 7, 2018 at 12:33 AM - Response #3

Hi Scott,

I think I have found a suitable workaround. I simply move his e-mail address to the Admin Notes. So it is still available, but he will not get any of my e-mail messages anymore.

Thanks for you input...

Thursday, June 7, 2018 at 1:19 PM - Response #4

Paul - that was the exact solution I was going to recommend.

Thursday, June 7, 2018 at 1:42 PM - Response #5

Thanks Scott Mastenbrook for your input. Appreciate the feedback.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.