ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Classmate leaves site?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/25/10 06:49 PM Views: 1790 Replies: 7
Monday, January 25, 2010 at 6:49 PM

If a classmate joins the site, and later decides he doesn't want to be there, will deleting his password make it happen? Will I get any kind of notice, or is there any place I can look to see if he was registered at one time?

Monday, January 25, 2010 at 7:04 PM - Response #1

Ruth Shepherd wrote:

If a classmate joins the site, and later decides he doesn't want to be there, will deleting his password make it happen? Will I get any kind of notice, or is there any place I can look to see if he was registered at one time?

I doubt if the classmate who "doesn't want to be there" will remove their profile by deleting his/her password. You can tell if a classmate has logged on & created their profile by just looking at their name entry in the Classmate Profiles list, it will have a green check mark which means "User has created their profile". Unregistered profiles won't have the check mark. Also, registered profiles will be viewable and when displayed, show a date when it was last updated.

Also, if you have your site set up to require verification, you (as administrator) will get a notification of every new registration, because an administrator has to verify the profile (by checking a box in that profile) to enable it (turn it on) so that classmate gets access to the site.

Monday, January 25, 2010 at 7:31 PM - Response #2

Thank you Allen,

I understand what you are saying, but we did not always verify classmates, so this would not necessarily be info on his profile.

My question is, if he deletes his password, will the sign date disappear?

Monday, January 25, 2010 at 7:52 PM - Response #3

Ruth Shepherd wrote:

Thank you Allen,

I understand what you are saying, but we did not always verify classmates, so this would not necessarily be info on his profile.

My question is, if he deletes his password, will the sign date disappear?

I don't see anything in the FAQ's about a classmate "quitting" their reunion website, but I suppose they could do it by setting their email address (which is their User name or account) to a bogus address. That way, that classmate won't get any notifications and all mail sent to him from the website would just bounce. That would be annoying to the administrator until they deleted the profile perhaps.

So I suppose the real question (to CC support) is: How does a registered classmate remove themselves from the reunion website?

The answer might be that the administrator has to delete their profile completely???

Monday, January 25, 2010 at 8:13 PM - Response #4

Classmates can't delete themselves. If they could some might wind up doing it inadvertently. Or the Admin might want to preserve some Classmate info (such as street address) prior to the time of deletion. Bottom line, if a Classmate wants to be deleted, the Admin has to do the delete.

Monday, January 25, 2010 at 8:41 PM - Response #5

This helps a lot Brad. Thank you! Now we know that he did not delete his account, and he was not getting emails from the site simply because his email address is in our system (answer you gave to another inquiry earlier this week)

If we could just figure out why he is telling our phone contact that he has been receiving so much correspondence from us that he believed he is a member, the mystery would be solved! Laughing I'm guessing the most likely reason, is he just didn't want to be bothered in the first place!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 at 11:57 PM - Response #6

I understand that their data will not be delted, but what if they delete their email address?
Will this cause them to 'not be counted' in the Active Classmates box?
I thought we had more than the 41.5% active last week?
[Maybe my 'sometimers' is kicking in]
If this IS possible, is there a way that Admin's can be notifed WHO 'signed off' or 'un-registered?'

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 12:57 PM - Response #7

The system won't let them delete their email address. You can't save the page with that field blank.

If a Classmate no longer wants to be part of your web site and wants his or her name off the class list, but you want to preserve the data and not delete any records from your site, simply set the Classmate to an invisible Guest Member. The Classmate is now gone from the site for all intents and purposes. The only thing I'd suggest prior to doing this is have the Classmate click his/her Profile Subscriptions link and make sure they're unsubscribed from any Profiles. This is only necessary of course if you wish to preserve data in the system, otherwise you could simply delete the entire account.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.