ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Home Page is too big

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/05/15 11:38 PM Views: 926 Replies: 7
Monday, January 5, 2015 at 11:38 PM

Hi Admins,
Sorry but I've forgotten how to resize the home page. Just started a new one for the year. Would someone be so kind as to check it out and get back to me as to what I did/not do correctly?
Embarassed

Monday, January 5, 2015 at 11:46 PM - Response #1

I don't see anything wrong other than the fact there's essentially nothing on it.

Monday, January 5, 2015 at 11:48 PM - Response #2

OMG. lol. When I saved it, and went back to my home page, the side bar is on the top right hand side. You have to scroll down to see this.

Monday, January 5, 2015 at 11:55 PM - Response #3
Home Page.JPG

Not sure what you're referring to. The attached screen shot was taken when I was scrolled to the bottom of your home page.

I'm using Internet Explorer 11 and Windows 8.1.

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 at 12:01 AM - Response #4

I'm totally confused now. I'm using Windows 7. I had no problem putting New Year's pictures December. I'll just have to read all the troubleshooting. I appreciate your quick response though.

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 at 12:03 AM - Response #5

Same here. Since I can't log in, all I see is an empty home page with header, login box, birthday box, menus on the left, but no content. What do you see when you edit the home page?

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 at 12:07 AM - Response #6

If you're posting photos on the home page either directly or via an announcement you want to keep them at around 400 to 420 pixels wide maximum. More than that will force content below what ever right hand features you have turned on.

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 at 8:56 AM - Response #7

Diane,

The problem I see with your home page content is that you are trying to use the SPACE BAR to center/justify some of the photos. This will never work as all spaces that are together become "non-wrapable spaces" and cause the content to become too wide. One trick you can use to see the hard spaces that are causing problems is to select the entire contents of your home page, on a Windows machine, type the CTRL-A key. You will see several blue solid lines. These are where you have the space bar problems.

Hope this helps.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.