ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Downloaded Class List

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/02/09 10:23 AM Views: 1341 Replies: 7
Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 10:23 AM

I am sure there is a simple answer but I am clueless on how to achieve this. I have two questions:

(1) Is there any way I can print the column of numbers that appear along side of the first names when I download and print the file? Because of the split classes (Jan. and June) I want to use the numbers as identifiers for the printer when he scans my photos for our commemorative book.

(2) Is there an easy way to sort (separate) the Jan. and June class lists? Each classmate has the class month before their names. Brad thought they would batch by class with all of January first then June but they co-mingled in alpha order.

Thanks,
Mary

Saturday, April 4, 2009 at 12:27 AM - Response #1

Ready for some Excel fun! Smile

1. Download your class list into Excel

2. Click the upper left corner of the spreadsheet so it selecta all rows and columns

3. Choose Data > Filter > Auto Filter
This will turn on auto filter dropdowns for each column.

4. Choose the filter dropdown in Column A and select "Custom" from the options.

5. The custom Auto Filter screen comes up.

Choose Begins With from the dropdown and type in (Jan)
Make sure to include the parenthesis

Choose Begins With from the second dropdown and type in (June)

This will reorder everything to be in order by
(Jan) then alpha followed by (June) then alpha

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 10:53 AM - Response #2

How can I delete a whole class list without doing it one by one. I have another list that has emails and I want to replace the exisiting list since I just uploaded it.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 11:26 AM - Response #3

1) Click Manage Classmates
2) Click Upload Classmates
3) Click the Reset Class List button
4) Make sure you deselect any members who have already joined your site before you actually commit to the reset.

Thursday, April 16, 2009 at 7:17 AM - Response #4

That won't work in this instance because it is a multi yr site and I only wanted to delete one class upload. Here is what happened.
i uploaded an excel file with ONLY names. Then I realized that I had the exact same list except with email addys so I uploaded it. when i uploaded the 2nd list, did it enter email addys if the classmate's name was already in the list? I did try to look but in the meantime I had people from this class updating their profiles so it was hard to tell.

Thursday, April 16, 2009 at 4:42 PM - Response #5

No, once you have batch imported Classmate records, those same records cannot be imorted again to add additional fields such as an email address. Reason being, if you have live Classmate data out there, and Classmates are activately updating that data, if you batch upload another time you would risk blowing away Classmates' work. Thus our system screens for previously added records, and if found simply skips them on your second and subsequent batch uploads.

In any case, you still do in fact have the option of using yuour "Reset Classmates" button to ONLY delete the records you wish to batch upload again. You'd simply hit the Reset Classmates button, click the Deselect All link, and then select ONLY those Clasmates whom you wish to delete. Yes, even this is somewhat of a manual process because you have a very long list of people in there. But I suspect this still beats manually going into every record individually to add the email addresses.

Friday, April 17, 2009 at 8:17 AM - Response #6

ok. Can it be done by one yr at a time or do all yrs group together when it is performed? Will the list show who has info in their profile?

Friday, April 17, 2009 at 6:07 PM - Response #7

The Reset Classmates feature is going to show all Classmates in alphabetical order regardless of year. So what you'd need to do is go to the specific year on your site, print off the main Classmate Profiles page for that year, and then select only Classmates for reset that have not completed a Profile to date.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.