ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Message Forum- Edit and Notify

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/25/10 02:39 PM Views: 1741 Replies: 4
Monday, January 25, 2010 at 2:39 PM

How come I can't edit the Message Forum Page when I go into Edit Site Pages? Also, I'd like to be notified when anyone writes something, is there a way to do that? I know you can in the User Forums. Thanks.

Monday, January 25, 2010 at 9:07 PM - Response #1

You can. Clicking Edit there simply takes you to your Message Forum, but you can edit anything once you're there. If you just go to the Message Forum directly you can also edit anything. An Admin can always edit the content there just by being there.

There are no subscription options for the original Message Forum and none are planned. At one time this was the only forum, but we later added the newer "User Formums" complete with subscription options if you're looking for that feature.

Thursday, October 21, 2010 at 10:39 AM - Response #2

I am having a problem with this. Whether I am directly in the Message Forum or if I click EDIT in the Edit Site Pages - Message Forum, I am unable to edit my lead-in message at the top of the forum.

Friday, October 22, 2010 at 7:44 PM - Response #3

We will make that text block editable.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 at 4:48 PM - Response #4

Oops I missed your other question. No, there are no subscription options or anything fancy here. This are the "simple" forums and intended to be used largely like a guest book. It's just a place where people type quick thoughts and respond and that's about it. If you want all the fancy dancy threads and subscription features etc. you want to use the User Forums for that.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.