ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Where's our COUNTDOWN CLOCK?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/26/15 11:32 AM Views: 1469 Replies: 7
Saturday, September 26, 2015 at 11:32 AM
image.jpg

It has disappeared from our Home Page - cost: $18 - our 50th is in ONE WEEK. Can Tech Support please help out stat. Thank you

Saturday, September 26, 2015 at 11:37 AM - Response #1
image.jpg

COUNTDOWN CLOCK LOOKS LIKE ATTACHED IMAGE

Saturday, September 26, 2015 at 11:48 AM - Response #2

Link w2.onlinecountdowns.com/110721 is no longer valid (that's your clock data). Comes up with 404. Looks like they are either having a temp problem or data is gone.

Regular site appears to work. I embedded a clock and it worked.

IOW, it's something else besides CC

Saturday, September 26, 2015 at 1:54 PM - Response #3

Thank you, Jack. I also saw that message:
"The page you were looking for doesn't exist."
Home Page DOES exist: the CLOCK IS GONE. THE POINT OF HAVING A COUNTDOWN CLOCK IS AT THE END - We're 7 days out from our 50th.

"You may have mistyped the address or the page may have moved." That's the message on Home Page - I don't know what it means. I'm signed up to receive forum notifications - did not receive notification of your reply - glad I checked back on Forum to read your suggestion. Living near Philadelphia, opportunity to see Pope Francis - tied up all weekend
with NO PC access - just an iPhone. Would really appreciate CC tech support. I didn't receive Forum email notification. first-time ever missing countdown clock that never once failed. I bought & embedded that clock 15 months ago - never once a problem. Can Tech Support get back to me before Monday?

Edited 09/26/15 9:06 PM
Saturday, September 26, 2015 at 2:14 PM - Response #4

Elena, For a 'quick fix' there are quite a few countdown clocks available, and some are free. Simply replacing the iframe script on the home page with a new one would resolve your problem. Google for "Countdown Clocks".

Saturday, September 26, 2015 at 2:26 PM - Response #5

Thank you, John for being kind. Did receive notification of your message. Limited cell battery - in midst of a crowd of sev'l thousand - cannot waste phone battery for a countdown clock. hoping someone from Tech Support would help me out.

Edited 09/27/15 7:15 AM
Saturday, September 26, 2015 at 6:48 PM - Response #6

clock site is back - must have been a temp server issue on their end.

You can also put ALL the code on your site that doesn't rely on any outside reference.

Saturday, September 26, 2015 at 8:08 PM - Response #7

Jack - I just checked and it's back - we all became so fond of that clock. Will do as you suggest. Thank you for posting.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.