ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

The new "JOIN HERE!" box

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 09/15/08 10:07 AM Views: 1705 Replies: 15
Monday, September 15, 2008 at 10:07 AM

I love the new "JOIN HERE!" box on unregistered classmate profile pages. It's a perfect adjustment. I've already had at least one person email me confused because they missed it when it was "hidden" on the bottom.

Monday, September 15, 2008 at 11:11 AM - Response #1

Where is the Join Here box? Linda Boyd

Monday, September 15, 2008 at 12:20 PM - Response #2

If you click on a profile of a classmate that has not yet registered, the new box appears on the page that comes up

Monday, September 15, 2008 at 12:52 PM - Response #3

I agree!!!! Perfect... Great work all.

Monday, September 15, 2008 at 4:45 PM - Response #4

Thanks folks, glad ya liked that. We were getting huge volumes of rain yesterday (remnants of Hurricane Ike) so I actually had some "rainy day" time to hit a few little items like this I've been wanting to address.

We also added 3 new tabs across the top of the page when editing a Classmate's records, making it easier to get to everything without having to go back to the Class List to get to the next item.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 at 3:46 PM - Response #5

Wow!! LOVE the 'join here' and the tabs in the manage profiles section!

BTW, I have three small bottles of PURE Canadian Maple Syrup. I also have an Aero and Eatmore bar to send to the wonderful people who I can bribe errrr... convince to move a few things up on the list!

Edited 09/17/08 3:47 PM
Wednesday, September 17, 2008 at 4:01 PM - Response #6

Love the new buttons available when editing classmates info. Makes it much easier to navigate. Thank you so much!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 at 11:18 PM - Response #7

What ONE item does Cathy want moved to the top of the list more than any other item? I'm about to prove to peole that we can be bribed for real, oh dear...

Thursday, September 18, 2008 at 11:02 AM - Response #8

Brad Switzer wrote:

What ONE item does Cathy want moved to the top of the list more than any other item? I'm about to prove to peole that we can be bribed for real, oh dear...

Message boards with photo albums a VERY close second!

Thursday, September 18, 2008 at 2:10 PM - Response #9

Isn't that like saying "syrup is on the way, and even more syrup may possibly arrive shortly thereafter." I'm not sure I'm buyin' it!

Ok -- seriously -- the message boards are in high demand so that is coming pretty quickly now. So are the themed templates and the Preferences area which we are workin' on right now.

Friday, September 19, 2008 at 11:44 AM - Response #10

Brad Switzer wrote:

Isn't that like saying "syrup is on the way, and even more syrup may possibly arrive shortly thereafter." I'm not sure I'm buyin' it!

Ok -- seriously -- the message boards are in high demand so that is coming pretty quickly now. So are the themed templates and the Preferences area which we are workin' on right now.

I definitely have 3 syrups and they will be mailed altogether, although, holding onto a few for future bribes requests may be a good idea! Cool They came in a triple pack. That way there's less fighting over them on your side since there's three instead of one big bottle.

Hmmmm three bottles of syrup, two chocolate bars.... that sounds like FIVE bribes requests should be moved up! WinkRazz

Friday, September 19, 2008 at 1:34 PM - Response #11

I think it's gunna depend on exactly who is working when these items show up, and who gets them first. Anyone who takes something will get told they're on the hook for one Cathy bribe.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 at 1:53 PM - Response #12

The JOIN HERE box is great, but some people of mentioned that once they get there,they're confused because it's just a list of classmates. They're getting thrown off because they see their name and just assume they're already registered and then wonder how to login! Is there any way of adding some line at the top that appears when someone is not logged in with a simple instruction? Like, Click on your name and set up your login information....or can I?

Edited 11/01/11 1:53 PM
Tuesday, November 1, 2011 at 3:04 PM - Response #13

That page is slated for a redesign which will address the concerns you bring up. I wish I could give you a date by which it will be implemented, but in the meantime I ask for your patience and understanding.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 at 3:36 PM - Response #14

Can you help me place a notice somewhere prominently to guide the classmates somewhere?

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 at 3:41 PM - Response #15

Carmela,

You can have announcements on your home page that only show up for non-logged in classmates.

Click on POST ANNOUNCEMENT
Create new announcement
change the "Display To:    " drop-down to only show to non-logged in classmates
Type any information you want to explain how to join your website.
Save the announcement

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.