ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Prefrences/Classmate Validation

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 04/02/09 05:45 AM Views: 1385 Replies: 10
Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 5:45 AM

Is there a way to see if someone is awaiting validation other than going into the prefrences area?

How 'bout a little red light on top of the site administrator's home page or a door knock sound or something?
Rolling Eyes

Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 8:50 AM - Response #1

There was a suggestion a while back to put a link on the home page, top-right corner, of the website administrator, similar to the "E-mail Bounceback" link and the "You have a message" link.

I don't know why this was never implemented.

Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 10:24 AM - Response #2

Because of this little thing called time. Smile But, that is on the Task List to show approvals in the same area we show emails and bouncebacks.

Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 11:34 AM - Response #3

Hey Brad,

Can't you just stay up a little later tonight and get that done? (Just kidding) I know you never sleep!! LOL!!Laughing

Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 2:18 PM - Response #4

Hi,

Well, since you asked nicely.

This feature should be there now.

Please let me know if it doesn't work as expected.

Thanks,
Dave

Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 2:43 PM - Response #5

Brad,

I am sorry, this is going to be a really stupid question, I am almost embarrassed to ask! Validation for what?Embarassed Oh and there was something at the top right hand corner of my page for a minute then it was gone. It had 38 someting??

Yvette
Payette Class of "87"

Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 2:46 PM - Response #6

Yvette,

Verification is for if you have enable classmate verification under Preferences.

Some classes choose to verify a user before they are allowed to access their class website.

The message is information for those classes to let them know how many classmates are awaiting verification.

Dave

Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 4:59 PM - Response #7

K- You are in tune!
CC- What took you so long...Rolling Eyes we know the speed of light, but just what is the speed of dark?

Y- I just saw on another thread about their classmates had gotten harassed even though they have chosen to PW protect their log in of new classmates.

We had a few fake users (hacks)on our site and one solicited another to purchase something or other.Mad
Upon seeing, the other posts I have read and the other complications that could happen Shockedwe decided to only let others into the site if they were verified in the prefrences area.Very Happy

However, as mentioned above, it is not fail safe (what is these days?)Question, but it is another layer to protect others privacy etc.Idea

Best!

Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 7:23 PM - Response #8

Cool, I got it. I know you have better things to do then answer my stupid questions but I had to ask. I figured it had to do with something I wasn't doing on my site. I just don't want to miss out on any of the new great things you guys are doing and I thought I missed something. Thank you!

Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 7:29 PM - Response #9

I hope I never have to deal with some of the the bad things that have happened to some of you on your class sites and the hacker stuff you guys have ran into. So far so good....knock of wood!!

Yvette Very Happy

Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 8:55 PM - Response #10

CC: You all are really too good to be true.
thx for the gr8 site and support!

just let me in on the IPOVery Happy

Y-One time is enough, I would rather scrutinize new members on our site than try to repair all the damage they can do.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.