ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

System down - Anyone find a player?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/05/12 12:08 PM Views: 1194 Replies: 7
Tuesday, June 5, 2012 at 12:08 PM

How long is the system expected to be down??

And, has anybody found an alternative to playlist?? I've found several MP3 players, but one only allows 25 songs, and I know that MP3 is a MB hog.

Barbara Ritter Paris

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 at 12:19 PM - Response #1

We had a temporary issue related to a software upgrade. Things are working properly now. If you do not see your website then try refreshing the page in the browser.

Some have had success with Mixpod.com

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 at 12:43 PM - Response #2

We do apologize for the inconvenience. There were some issues resulting from an upgrade to some of the third-party software composing the infrastructure on which our system operates. Normally this does not cause any sort of problem, but once in a while there is a conflict between the different pieces of software that all have to work together on the server and then we have to figure out how to fix it. This is a substantially more complex arrangement than is typical for consumer computers, and I'm sure you have your own experience of how finicky even relatively simple consumer computers can be. We do our best to anticipate and avoid these problems, but even the vendors who provide the various softwares we use can't always predict the full range of conflicts that might occur on systems running their software in concert with software from other vendors.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 at 1:08 PM - Response #3

Regarding your music request...I am using the widget option within CC and am downloading songs from mp3skull.com. So far it has worked very well and have had no issues. I actually like in much better than playlist.com.

Hope that helps!

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 at 1:10 PM - Response #4

I think we all need to take a step back & a deep breath when things like this happen to our website. CC has always responded ASAP to these types of issues. I realize it may be irritating, frustrating & causes a great deal of aniety but let's all cut CC a little slack & allow them to fix the problem. I'm sure they're not sitting around with their feet propped up on the desk filing their fingernails.
Patience is a virtue! Let's all aim for that, eh?

Respectfully, John

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 at 1:19 PM - Response #5

(quickly hiding the fingernail file) Umm, yeah! What Jon said!

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 at 3:54 PM - Response #6

I found some "faux" sites that I put on temporarily until I can find a replacement . . . This may help in the interium

http://woodchucky.com/
http://upchucky.org/

Lucille Wingard

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 at 6:22 PM - Response #7

Thank you Monica! I just went to the CC widgets and set up the player using mp3skull.com. I set up the 4Share thing, too, but maybe I didn't need to. Did you do that?

It was also interesting -- when I selected multiple songs from my computer it only loaded the first one -- using Firefox. Then I couldn't get to it to load any more at all so I closed it and opened it in IE and had no problem.

Works great now.

Thanks,
Jim

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.