ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Announcements-Spaces

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/02/09 01:28 AM Views: 1149 Replies: 1
Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 1:28 AM

There is too much space between the word "Announcement" and my first announcement. I am not sure how to delete that space. I went through each of my announcement entries and tried to remove all the extra spaces between announcements but I cannot find a way to remove the extra space at the beginning.

Thanks for your help.
Debbie Dacus Stewart

Friday, April 3, 2009 at 3:26 AM - Response #1

Wow that was a tough one! Whew!

I did the logical thing, which was the same thing you did. I looked for something in the code in your announcements that would cause an obvious space. But there wasn't anything in there... Why would your first Annoucement be dropping down on the page like that when there's absolutley nothing in there that would cause it?

I finally found the answer several announcements down on the page, in your announcement labeled "Visitor Statistic." At the bottom of that announcement you had a bunch of table code that was actually incomplete. I.E. a table started but it never finished in the code. You might be seeing Announcements as individual items, but to a web page, the whole page is just a huge pile of code. If you have incomplete table code on your page it potentially messes up other tables below or above it, which was the case here. I nixed the extraneous table code, solving the space issue.

Edited 04/03/09 3:27 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.