ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Sub-menu pages

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/27/08 11:15 AM Views: 2023 Replies: 15
Sunday, July 27, 2008 at 11:15 AM

I recall seeing instructions on how to create sub-pages from a main page. Can anyone direct me there? We'd like to have a main "Memories" with sub-pages that contain comments and photos from specific events.

Sunday, July 27, 2008 at 12:53 PM - Response #1

When you click on Edit Site Pages, the instructions I think you're referring to are right there on that page. You can use any of your customizable links to create content, but you can deslect them so they don't appear on your main menu. When you do that the page is still active though. Using the link icon on your editor toolbar you can link to an unactive customizable link. It's quick way to create sub pages, although for now you don't have very many sub pages you can make. The ability to create more sub pages is coming.

Sunday, July 27, 2008 at 8:34 PM - Response #2

Thanks. Actually, I was hoping to create a main customizable link page - ie. "Memories" - that when opened, had links to other pages such as "Reunion 2008" "Homecoming 2007" etc. Seems I recall the ability to do that.

Sunday, July 27, 2008 at 9:04 PM - Response #3

The instructions I lised above will allow you to do exactly that.

Friday, August 8, 2008 at 10:41 PM - Response #4

I want to know how to add photos to a sub menu I made titled 10 year pictures.

Saturday, August 9, 2008 at 12:33 AM - Response #5

1) Read http://www.classcreator.com/faqs.html
2) Click on Questions About Building Your Site
3) Read Question #7

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 at 10:56 PM - Response #6

On 7/27/2008, You said "The ability to create more sub pages is coming." Has it arrived yet? I'd like to have a link on the left that goes to a page that has links to other pages on the site, pages that do not appear in the left menu. I still have some customizable links available, but I want to use them for other pages.

Edited 11/17/10 9:02 AM
Wednesday, November 17, 2010 at 1:35 AM - Response #7

A restructuring of the system will be launching in the first quarter of 2011 that includes the ability to create unlimited pages, sort all links, rename all links including default links, and add flyout and dropdown menus to any navigational link. Also includes several new designs. Big project but it's our primary focus right now.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 at 4:13 PM - Response #8

Hi Brad, is the restructuring going to be global? i.e. all CC sites regardless of level of membership?

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 at 4:19 PM - Response #9

Yes. Although we may put some Photoshop designs in a new Platinum Membership level if for no other reason I suspect they'll need significant Support.

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 at 5:54 PM - Response #10

Brad - I know this is 7 years since your last reply but I am trying to figure out how to create sub-menus. I am not following the instructions you have earlier in this thread.

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 12:06 AM - Response #11

Here'w how to create a sub-menu or sub-page.

First, create and save the page you wish to make a sub-page as you would any page.

Then, while in Admin Functions > Edit Site Pages, place your cursor over the crossed arrows at the very left of the page you wish to make a sub-page. While keeping the cursor depressed, drag the page just below the page you wish it to be under, move the cursor slightly to the right, and release the cursor. The sub-page will be created and will be indented. As soon as you release the cursor the sub-page is created. You don't need to save anything.

Verify the sub-page is in place by hovering over the main page in the menu bar. A flyout menu will appear on which you'll see the sub-page. Move your cursor over the sub-page and click on it to open it.

Feel free to look at our site. We have many sub-pages.

Edited 02/28/18 12:14 AM
Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 12:33 PM - Response #12

On your Edit Site Pages page in the top right corner, there is a tutorial video that you may find helpful.

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 2:30 PM - Response #13

Thanks.

Sunday, March 4, 2018 at 6:37 AM - Response #14
Reunion Registration Form.docx

Thanks to both of you, it worked! Now if I could just figure out how to insert the word document (which is a form) and not lose the integrity of the document. One of my members created the document which has a text box at the top with a background color. As is the document doesn't fit. So I need to reduce it in size. I'm just not tech-savvy enough to figure out a way to do that without losing the color in the text box and the lines in the form. I've attached a copy of the Word document that I'm trying to insert. What I did was Convert it to PDF, then convert it to JPG. It sort of worked but it's not real clear like the original document. Just wondering if there isn't a better way to do it.

Sunday, March 4, 2018 at 10:03 AM - Response #15

This entry by Jack Vermuelen will show you how to display a PDF.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.