ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

not my school site

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/23/10 08:35 AM Views: 1736 Replies: 7
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 at 8:35 AM

Why am I and other members getting a bogus site in Mexico which is not ours.

Please help.

Mary Ann Edens
roosevelt1958.com
maryann@maedens.com

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 at 8:59 AM - Response #1

It is not MEXICO, but New Mexico and it isn't really a BOGUS site. It is the default site when your domain name has expired.

In order to keep accessing your website through the domain name "roosevelt1958.com", you need to pay for it. You only paid for one year and that year is now up.

It looks like you registered it through www.classnames.net. Just login there and renew it. It looks like when you signed up for a domain name, you use your maedens e-mail address.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 at 9:18 AM - Response #2

Thanks,

I thought I was grandfathered in did not know I had to pay every year. I was told since I was one of the first to begin a site that I would be grandfathered in. Sorry I did not know. We started our site in 2008. Someone should have let be know before just putting in the NEW MEXICO site.

We had a great site is it all lost? We enjoyed being a part of the Class Creator. I will get in touch with my classmates and see what they would like to do and get back with you or whomever.

Thanks for your prompt answer. Sorry I went to two forums, but I am new at this and was frantic when I saw the New Mexico site. I hope you understand and have compassion on an "old Lady" trying to learn the computer. We have been out of high school 52 years. They didn't even have computers then. We have come a long way.

Thanks again,
Mary Ann Edens
maryann@maedens.com

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 at 9:33 AM - Response #3

no, you are only grandfathered in to the WEBSITE, not the Domain Name. You can still access the website through this link

http://www.classcreator.com/Atlanta-GA-Roosevelt-1958/

It is alright about using two (or three) forums. But it all goes to the same place and multiple entries might get multiple people looking at the same question and responding at the same time.

The above link will give you and your classmates access to your website. If you decide to not renew your domain name, you will have to use this link all the time (domain names are optional). If you want to remove your domain name, just go to the REGISTER DOMAIN NAME link on your website and clear out the domain name field and save the changes.

Friday, January 28, 2011 at 4:14 PM - Response #4

Okay, it's always the LAST place you look! I finally found this answer to My Problem, as well. I was also "grandfathered in" to the CC website but have since Lost our Classnames.net Domain Name "swclassof89.org" which has a BID SITE attached to it now and will gladly SELL ME BACK my Domain Name for a Minimum Bid of $69.

Since THAT is NOT HAPPENING, do I have to rebuild the entire site again? Or is it still available on CC somewhere? And if so, where, please. I lost touch with a Lot that happened after the Aug.2010 1989 20th Reunion and apparently did not pay to renew that domain name but would like to purchase a New Domain Name if Possible.How may I recover our class site?

Friday, January 28, 2011 at 4:25 PM - Response #5

Hi Elisa,

Your site is still completely intact at the original classcreator address of: http://www.classcreator.com/Kansas-City-MO-Southwest-1989/

All you need to do is pick another similar domain and purchase it at http://www.classnames.net and let me know what domain you select and we'll connect them back up.

Domains you might want to consider that are available include:

swclassof1989.org (with the 19 in front of the 89)
sw89.org
sw1989.org

I can have the classnames.net system email you your login and password so you can use your existing login to purchase the new domain. Once you have a new one you can login to your class site at: http://www.classcreator.com/Kansas-City-MO-Southwest-1989/ and click on Register Domain and change the domain name it links to and it will auto-connect up with your new domain at classnames.net or you can let me know which domain you selected and purchased and I can add it in there for you.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Friday, January 28, 2011 at 5:32 PM - Response #6

I can have the classnames.net system email you your login and password so you can use your existing login to purchase the new domain. -Jessica

Yes! Please do, I cannot remember that password either. I appreciate all your help, we had a Very Successful 20th Reunion thanks to THIS SITE. I can't thank you all enough for making things for a nut like me, manageable. Laughing

Love & Laughter,
Elisa Me!
Grand Poobah, Class Site Administrator
1989 Reunion Committee, Chair
Professional Nutcase

Friday, January 28, 2011 at 6:56 PM - Response #7

The system has emailed out your user name and password.

Jessica

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.