ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Can't Access Classmate List on Login Page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/11/17 06:18 AM Views: 1042 Replies: 2
Monday, September 11, 2017 at 6:18 AM

I was trying to give a classmate instruction on joining our site, so I logged out to try to mimic the steps needed. When I clicked on the link to see the list of classmates (and select my name), nothing appears. Looks like the link is broken. I can't find anyway to edit the login page. Can you help with this?

thanks

dave

Monday, September 11, 2017 at 8:22 AM - Response #1

If you have your Home Page password protected (which you do), the classmate will not be able to see the "Join Here" link.
If you have your Classmate Profiles page password protected (which you do), the "Join Here" link would take them to the Missing Classmates page

We do not recommend password protecting your home page. To change the password protection of your home page, go to Edit Site Pages, Edit Link for the Home Page and uncheck the box.

If you have information that you don't want shown to non-logged in classmates, put it in an announcement and then make the announcement viewable only to logged in classmates.

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 11:25 AM - Response #2

Kyle,
The real problem here is that people who want to lock their home page are forced to unlock their class profile page to allow people to join. This is true because the "If you have not joined yet as a member, find your profile on the list of classmates" link on the Sign In page does not correctly link to the Missing page if the Class Profile page is locked.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.