ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Idear

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/19/11 02:13 PM Views: 1579 Replies: 14
Saturday, November 19, 2011 at 2:13 PM

Some members of our site shut their email off. Most do it because I send so many obit out they get tired of them. I can understand that they do not want any more email than they already get. I just realized that if someone does shut of the email they never get the information that we choose was important. Is there a way to store emails on this site so in someone chooses not to receive they can still get on our site and read all that was sent?

Saturday, November 19, 2011 at 2:41 PM - Response #1

Just create a USER FORUMS topic - SENT E-MAILS and then after you send each e-mail, create a new topic and then those who don't receive the e-mails can still see what they missed.

Saturday, November 19, 2011 at 2:42 PM - Response #2

Just create a USER FORUMS topic - SENT E-MAILS and then after you send each e-mail, create a new topic and then those who don't receive the e-mails can still see what they missed.

Saturday, November 19, 2011 at 3:13 PM - Response #3

Ray- Here's an idea.We had a similar issue. I created an "announcement" at the top of our Home Page that reads: Recent "In Memory" additions. I simply add a name to that announcement when we learn of a classmates passing. That name appears there for 30 days & then I delete it. Of course it always resides on the In Memory page. I sent out an email (one time) advising all the classmates of this new addition to the Home Page. Knowing this...many classmates now log on to our website more frequently. Seems at our age it's a popular page to check out. Although, not everyone was checking the In Memory page when they logged on & then were upset that they were not "informed" of a classmates passing. This has eliminated the need to email the class each time there is a classmates passing. Hope this helps.
John

Monday, November 21, 2011 at 3:51 PM - Response #4

User forum or classmate forum? I would not want another email to go out once posted.

Monday, November 21, 2011 at 3:55 PM - Response #5

either one. With the USER FORUM, they would first need to subscribe to that forum to get another e-mail. The MESSAGE FORUM could be used if you wanted. Or you could use a custom page (or Survey or Gallery page) and just update it after each mass e-mail.

Monday, November 21, 2011 at 8:49 PM - Response #6

I used the message forum but it not real clean. It works but I am wishing to get on the discussion list even it at the bottom?

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 at 3:25 PM - Response #7

Hi Ray,

It's not clear to me what you're asking. Can you try it again?

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 at 8:55 PM - Response #8

Sorry.

I never was any good at begging Wink

When I copy the email to the message forum it looks like one big message. It works but does not look great. Check it out.

What I meant was to get on the "changes" list or whatever it is called.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 at 4:12 PM - Response #9

I see only one post from you in the Message Forum and it doesn't look like a death announcement, and I don't understand what you mean about it looking like one big message. Are you referring to the fact that the Message Forum is unthreaded so every addition is essentially either one of a list of unrelated items or part of a single, widely wandering conversation with a bunch of apparently random asides? Or are you referring to the formatting of the text in the individual posting? (You can change the latter using the formatting toolbar in the editor where you entered the content.)

Friday, November 25, 2011 at 3:05 PM - Response #10

If you look at our "Sent Email" you will see two emails that were sent. The first is news and the second is "In Memory" There is not break in between. I guess I put a line in between to separate.
Thanks

Monday, November 28, 2011 at 10:52 AM - Response #11

I'm not getting it. Maybe I'm just being dense this Monday morning.

Please tell me exactly what page of the site you want me to look at (i.e. give me the URL).

Monday, November 28, 2011 at 9:31 PM - Response #12

I understand. I created a tab -survey- named "Sent Email".
http://www.bensalemowls.org/member_dosurvey.cfm?SurveyID=17211

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 at 11:26 AM - Response #13

I'd say you have a couple formatting options. You could opt for a simple HR tag between the emails which would likely work just fine. Or, you could drop in a table for each email and use a different background color for each email... maybe an extremely light gray or a pale color and then alternate. This will provide a visual separation.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 at 8:18 PM - Response #14

Scott, I like the different colors. maybe I will put our logo between. Of course it would be nice if this would be done automatically!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.