ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Spacing on In Memory page

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 10/17/09 04:28 PM Views: 2492 Replies: 17
Saturday, October 17, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Will you please consider decreasing the space between the Title (Deceased) Years and the name of the first classmate listed as deceased for that year while keeping the amount of space allocated now between the name of the last classmate listed under a Title (Deceased) Year and the next Title (Deceased) Year?
At the present time it appears that there is less space between the last person listed in any particular year and the next Title Year than there is between the Title Year and the first person listed for that year.
If you implement my suggestion, tired eyes would find it easier to read which year a classmate died. This would be especially helpful when the user is scrolling up instead of down on the page.
Thank you.

Saturday, October 17, 2009 at 10:14 PM - Response #1

Looks like at might have just been a temporal rift in the time space continuum. Give it another try now.

Monday, October 19, 2009 at 12:59 PM - Response #2

I'd like to see a choice of listing by name with the year shown after the name. I've got 45+ years of possible death which really stretches the listing out. I think my people aren't as interested in WHEN they died as WHO is dead. Thanks.

In a few "In Memory" pages, I've indicated something like "No photo available" or "Married to XXX Class of 61". I'd like that NOT to have the rose after it because it is neither an obituary nor a classmate comment. Maybe a box in the editing page to say "don't show the rose"?

Monday, October 19, 2009 at 6:03 PM - Response #3

I'll give ya 1 of 2 here. Smile

We'll add a toggle at the top of the In Memory page so people can display the list by year decased, and can also change it to display the list alphabetically. I can see how it could be difficult to see if someobdy is on the page or not if a class has many names on the page.

For the rose, the nice thing about the feature is that it's automated and you don't need to do anything. Technically if you've entered "Married to XXX Class of 1961" then you have in fact added an In Memory comment. I think comments like that may be of interest to people, and could even spark other conversation, which would trigger the rose anyway. I'm a believer in keeping things simple wherever possible.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 5:47 PM - Response #4

Thank you. It looks better now.

Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 12:13 AM - Response #5

Brad Switzer wrote:

I'll give ya 1 of 2 here...

Great, but is that easy and this week or on the list for 2013? LOL (Now I know I have to ask for 2 to get 1, maybe 4 and get 2?)

Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 1:18 AM - Response #6

I grouped it with several other In Memory tasks that we'll be hitting after the features we're working on now come out. It's helpful to group things so the programmers can hit all changes to various parts of the system at once. One nice thing about these forums is they give us hundreds of recommendations to enhance the system. One negative thing about these forums is they give us hundreds of recommendations to enhance the system. Smile The result is a very large Task List. The good news is all Tasks will make the live system as we are working through the list every day.

Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 1:24 AM - Response #7

It's 10:21 PM in Arizona, Brad. If you're in Ann Arbor, It's 1:21 in the AM. Maybe you work out of Bangalor India? In either case, I'm impressed by how fast you answer here.

Hope the bosses know how much we appreciate the high quality service you provide -- or maybe YOU are one of the bosses.

Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 1:34 AM - Response #8

I'm the only boss John. Which is probably why I'm up at 1:30 a.m. Smile Actually this time is very common for me. Class Creator happens all the time, it doesn't really have hours. It's only 10:30 in the West. Working (which I've never considered it anyway) later hours helps me better keep up with the various items that come in throughout the day.

Sunday, November 8, 2009 at 9:08 PM - Response #9

John Chidester wrote:

Brad Switzer wrote:
I'll give ya 1 of 2 here...

Great, but is that easy and this week or on the list for 2013? LOL (Now I know I have to ask for 2 to get 1, maybe 4 and get 2?)

Just reminding 'ya about the listing by alphabetical rather than year of death. Thanks.

Monday, November 9, 2009 at 12:24 AM - Response #10

We try to group related Tasks together so we can hit them all at once when we're working on a particular area of the system. At the moment we've got Live Chat tweaks going on, Instant Messaging starting, and Community Photo Galleries on the way this month so it may be awhile until we get back to In Memory. It's comin' though.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009 at 8:07 PM - Response #11

On a multi-year, an option to list by Class Year would be really helpful, while you're going about giving us choices...

Thx

Wednesday, December 2, 2009 at 9:03 PM - Response #12

Hi Mary,

I believe that is the same thing they were asking for above. It is on the list for the next time the programmers are in that section of the site.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009 at 9:12 PM - Response #13

I thought that request was to add Alphabetical by Name to the current default, by Year of Death. I didn't see Year of Graduation (Class Year), which would be a third option. But maybe you're already on that, too.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009 at 9:23 PM - Response #14

Hi Mary,

You are correct. I had also added an option to show by year for the multi-year sites so all of the requests are in there for them the next time they get to that section.

Thursday, December 3, 2009 at 8:55 AM - Response #15

Is there a way of including a photo of the deceased classmate next to the person's entry on the In Memory page? This would eliminate the need to go to the person's profile to see a photo (if a profile has even been created for the person).

Thursday, December 3, 2009 at 8:02 PM - Response #16

This is done automatically if you have uploaded a photo of the individual in the Manage Classmates area.

Thursday, December 3, 2009 at 9:22 PM - Response #17

And you can also add more too, the same as any other editable page.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.