ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Classmate Galleries photo orientation

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/02/23 12:48 PM Views: 446 Replies: 14
Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 12:48 PM

I'm sure this question's been answered before but I couldn't find the answer anywhere so I'll ask it again.

If a Classmate uploads a photo to a Gallery but does so with the wrong orientation, (i.e landscape instead of portrait) is there a way to change the orientation using the Adjust feature or does he have to delete it and re-upload?

Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 10:42 PM - Response #1

They can change it or you can change it for them under the Adjust option under Gallery > Photos > Adjust next to the image.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Thursday, September 21, 2023 at 3:48 PM - Response #2

I've tried to fix a member's uploaded photo. It was loaded upside down. I clicked the Adjust button, then Transform, then rotated the photo so it was properly oriented. I clicked apply, then Save. Nothing happens. The photo just sits there and doesn't update. This photo editor is not really very intuitive for classmates (lots of complaints), not easy to use and I can't fix things for the classmates.

Can you fix this?

Also here's a suggestion by many - change the word "Transform" to "Rotate Photo". Nobody knows what the heck transform means and there are no rotation arrows on the buttons or any words so you know what they are supposed to do... at least not when using Safari or Chrome.

Edited 09/21/23 3:56 PM
Thursday, September 21, 2023 at 4:19 PM - Response #3

What is the gallery name and classmates last name so I can look it up.

Thursday, September 21, 2023 at 8:58 PM - Response #4

I've worked it out now, Jessica. The problem was that I also didn't understand what 'Transform' meant and when I clicked on it the four squares in front of the slider were barely visible so I wasn't sure if they needed to be clicked. Clearer instructions might be better.

Thursday, September 21, 2023 at 9:17 PM - Response #5

Jessica jessica wrote:

Class Reunions/Class of 1953/Bahls

Friday, September 22, 2023 at 2:06 PM - Response #6

This is a bug in the application and was reported long ago. The button images are not visible. All one can see are empty squares - so one has no idea what to do. It would be nice to get this fixed but unlikely since it has been ignored for a few years now.

A nicer solution would be to detect the photo orientation so this doesn't have to be done at all Idea

Wednesday, September 27, 2023 at 8:07 PM - Response #7

Bruce Eskander - SPHSAA Webmaster wrote:

Jessica jessica wrote:

Class Reunions/Class of 1953/Bahls

Jessica: As of today, 9/27/23 the above reply to you has not been resolved. When I go to this reunion gallery the photo is still upside down. Can you help fix it or instruct me with your blackhat tools or special knowledge?

Also, there is a brand new addition to Class Reunions/Class of 1993/Donovan with 91 photos for approval. I am hesitant to approve them just yet. There are a lot of duplicates and triplicate photos and many are oriented upside down or sideways. Again I have tried to orient them using that dang TRANSFORMATION editing tool. It won't save once I have ROTATED any photo. PLEASE HELP.

Wednesday, September 27, 2023 at 9:31 PM - Response #8

When you rotate an image you need to choose apply on the right and save on the left

Thursday, September 28, 2023 at 2:57 PM - Response #9

Yes, I know. I've tried that sooooo many times and it just sits there and never updates.

Friday, September 29, 2023 at 12:58 PM - Response #10

Which photo/photos is it? You can email me details if you don't want to post classmate info here. info@classcreator.com

Saturday, September 30, 2023 at 12:17 AM - Response #11

Jessica jessica wrote:

Which photo/photos is it? You can email me details if you don't want to post classmate info here. info@classcreator.com

Jessica, I provided the information above in Response #5 and #7. Also, if you go to our site there are currently 91 photo approvals pending. I can NOT fix the problems because the program won't allow me to fix them.

Class Reunions/Class of 1953/Bahls 1 approved upside down
Class Reunions/Class of 1993/Donovan 91 pending

Is there something else you need?

Saturday, September 30, 2023 at 6:08 PM - Response #12

Hi Bruce,

It is working. I was able to go in and rotate them all. You will want to go through the 91 and sift out any duplicates as it looks like they uploaded multiple photos more than once.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Sunday, October 1, 2023 at 2:48 PM - Response #13

Jessica, I wonder if IOS is the issue? I think he's using that.

Sunday, October 1, 2023 at 4:15 PM - Response #14

I tested on IOS but we might have different versions

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.