ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

speed

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/03/08 02:22 PM Views: 1256 Replies: 6
Monday, November 3, 2008 at 2:22 PM

When I try to "manage classmates" or when I try to add someone to the "In memory" section it is very slow. I thought it might be on my end so I got the DSL increased to 7.1 but it has only helped a little. Is there a way to speed this up? Maybe search in sections or something?
-I know having 25,000 names is one of the issues.

Monday, November 3, 2008 at 11:32 PM - Response #1

It was actually our issue tonight. For a good portion of the evening (I think about 3 hours) we were running without one of our main servers active to process the load. System was up but lagging due to the missing server from the configuration. Rick worked on it for those 3 hours and that server is back online in the mix and we're up to speed.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 at 7:16 PM - Response #2

Brad, The speed I am getting is really slow. When I go to Manage/Enter classmates it may take 5-10 minutes to load. And then of course it will take another 5 or 10 minutes when I hit "save". It ties my whole computer up. I usually wait to do this when I do not have other stuff to do. My suggestion for Multi years would be to Enter/Enter class mates to have it broken into years like the profiles so then I can click on each year as needed. I do not know if your program actually works like this but I am just thinking that it would break down all the years and not have to "load" all 25,000 names each time I want to edit one. If you like you can jump on my site to experience the speed.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 at 1:48 AM - Response #3

Oh, geez, I apologize Ray. Honestly I already thought we had that broken down so you're not loading 25,000 Classmate names at the same time. No wonder you're running into a nightmare scenario here. Apparently we've got it segmented everywhere else but admin. With 25,000 Classmates you're far and away the largest school on Class Creator. So you're throwing us some good curve balls as you use the system. That's a good thing of course, because it helps us streamline the system for all the multi classes coming on board now. I'll have Dave take a look at this and see if he can get your admin segmented so you're not dealing with this wait time like this. Not to mention it has to be a massive drain on the system every single time you try to process 25,000 names on a single page. Hang tight, we'll get ya squared away here.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 at 11:29 AM - Response #4

Brad, No problem! It is great to feel like we play a part in making this site grow. I really like the fact that you can change things to help everyone!

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 at 3:53 PM - Response #5

Ray,

As a step one, I've taken your class list broken it into pages.

You can still filter on class year and if that class year has less than 2000 members, it will list them all like on a single year site.

If your class list has more than 2000 members though, it will paginate the class.

We'll be adding some more search or filtering options soon to try to help even more.

Hope this helps,
Dave

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 at 9:19 PM - Response #6

Dave, Thanks! The problem is pretty much solved for me. The most graduates in a year is about 600 so no problem. I just did some editing and it works "FAST". Thanks again.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.