ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Homepage shortened

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/24/15 03:00 PM Views: 854 Replies: 4
Tuesday, February 24, 2015 at 3:00 PM

My homepage seems to have been shortened. Do I have too much on it? Is there a limit? I'll gladly remove some stuff if that's the problem.

Thanks.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 1:02 PM - Response #1

Not really a limit, I've seen homepages that were much longer... but that is not necessarily a good thing. Keeping the information fresh on a homepage is much more important than adding to it constantly and never removing the old content. That leave your user having to weed through the old to see if there is anything new. If I were an admin, personally, I would utilize the announcement area so that the majority of my content was automated to change at the beginning of each month. I would only leave details that absolutely needed to be on the homepage in the homepage content area. Approaching the content creation this way would allow me to work on content for the page months in advance and never worry about going back to find the old content to remove. Obviously this can all be done using the start date and end date settings for the announcements. I know there are other admins who use this approach as well.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 1:33 PM - Response #2

Thanks for your reply. I do update my homepage often and I probably should use your suggestion of the announcement page. However, my problem right now is that I'm missing some of the stuff I had at the bottom of my homepage. Maybe I accidentally deleted it.

Thanks.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 3:08 PM - Response #3

If you think you might have accidentally deleted it, you can always view a previous version of the page via the backups link below the editor window for the homepage content.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 3:27 PM - Response #4

Thanks for that suggestion.

Doreene

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.