ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Padlock Icon

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 09/30/10 01:10 PM Views: 1136 Replies: 2
Thursday, September 30, 2010 at 1:10 PM

Hi Brad, I did a quick look through this topic and didn't see this question. I notice that if I'm not logged in and click on "Classmate Profiles" there's a padlock icon next to names of those who have checked the box to allow classmates only to view profile. If I log in I don't see the icon when I enter through "Classmate Profiles" or "Manage Classmates".
Is it possible to make the icon show up in "Manage Classmates"? Would be very helpful. Also, would it be possible to have the box checked by default and have the classmate uncheck it if they so desire? Or at least could it be a preference that each administrator can turn on or off?
Thanks Brad.
Hilary

Thursday, September 30, 2010 at 3:40 PM - Response #1

Yes, and yes. I think both are good ideas. Thank you. It may be awhile before we can hit this as significant ongoing development is underway here. But we'll definitely do both of these.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 1:50 PM - Response #2

I found this thread when I was looking for the reason I didn't see the lock icons today.

This is still an excellent suggestion. While the 'lock' icon is a handy admin tool, I'm tempted to question why pointing out unlocked profiles to 'drive by' connections (only) is not a security concern...

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.