ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Blocking people from Uploading Photos

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/10/09 09:53 PM Views: 1325 Replies: 3
Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Is there a way to prevent people other than the Administrator from Uploading Photos to the site? We have created an FFA Alumni website from my High School and there were concerns that some folks (the younger...less mature folks) might post inappropriate photos. Please help. Thanks!!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at 11:29 PM - Response #1

I would just make sure that in the fine print of your site I would use the terms "appropriate photos are welcome and encouraged,", then if someone puts up something that is not appropriate, take it off, and tell them why you did it. However, I am willing to be that this is not an actual problem. The site is made to open the communication lines between your classmates and alumni. Strict rules and perceived "regulation" will stifle the interaction. Just my .02 worth.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at 11:31 PM - Response #2

No, there really isn't... Posting photos is extremely popular in Profiles. I can understand your concern though. As Administrators, you have the ability to remove inappropriate photos. My best advice for now is give it a whirl and see if this actually becomes a problem? We've had very, very few problems with people posting inapproprirate photos, even amongst younger Classmates. I could always be wrong of course, but in an environment like this people are much less likely to do it than than are on Myspace or those kinds of things.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 at 12:20 AM - Response #3

Thanks for your help. My graduating class has a website and we have had no issues. However...the 2 teachers from the school are the ones concerned about inappropriate postings so I thought I would ask. Again thanks for your response.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.