ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Invitation to all reunion administrators

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/22/10 10:40 PM Views: 3378 Replies: 18
Tuesday, June 22, 2010 at 10:40 PM

I'd like to invite everyone to go to my reunion site and view our "Memory" video. This is beautifully presented with respect and dignity to all those who passed away in the 58 years of our school. As this was our 'FINAL REUNION' it really makes us all realize that we really do only live for the moment. I hope you enjoy our tribute to our students, teachers and caretakers of our beloved school.

Diane

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 at 11:02 PM - Response #1

That was a very classy and emotional tribute. But my question is...why was/is it your "last" reunion?

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 at 11:05 PM - Response #2

I wasnt able to view the video.I just see a box with a red x. Ill check back later. We did a DVD for our reunion and at the end included all of those who have passed, to the song, Forever Young, by Rod Stewart. Its about 30 minutes long and a huge success. We sold the DVDs and they went like hot cakes. Its titled Memory Lane on link.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 at 11:15 PM - Response #3

Your tribute was beautiful and thoughtful. Perhaps your school is closing, but your friendships and memories will remain. That is a treasure not found between four walls.
KWink

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 at 11:19 PM - Response #4

At least you know some people can view your video. I tried again and still get the red x..sorry. Any ideas as to why it isnt opening on our end?

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 at 11:23 PM - Response #5

Hi Andrea,
Our school board decided that it would be in their best interest $$$$. It's all politics. They blamed in on lower enrollment. We rallied for a full year once they made their announcement. Closed our whole town, everyone got involved, but they had their mind made up long before. There are so many closing, both public and high schools. Our school opened in 1952, I attended from 61-65, the best years of my life. Small town, everyone knew each other. Now these kids are being enrolled in nearby high schools, on the bus for 2 hours every day. It is very tense for everyone, teachers, students, with commencement this coming Friday. School officially closes June 25th.

Diane

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 at 11:24 PM - Response #6

Lori, Which browser and system are you using (PC/MAC)? Did you see the link to "Can't see the video? Click here to install Windows Media Player." and try to install the media player?

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 at 11:28 PM - Response #7

Hi Lois,
I've asked Brad about this. At work I see the video perfectly. At home I had to do the download but I have many alumni who are having the same problem. Brad suggested "flash" video. I have no idea how to do this. If anyone can help to get this so that anyone who goes on our site doesn't have to go through all these steps(so many have no clue) and are frustrated as this is such an important part of my site. We all know someone who died, myelf having 6 of my own classmates. Any suggestions?

Thanks to everyone for all your kind remarks. I'll pass them along to my committee.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 at 12:23 AM - Response #8

Diane,

That is a really, really nice video. I just started our website 3 months ago, and we are having our 50th Reunion this September. When I started the website, no one knew anything about the 28 classmates that have passed away with our class of 88. All but 7 of them I now have struggled and been able to get information about them.

I think I will look into doing a video like this. They were all very close friends that deserve our memories.

I commend you on a job well done, and very touching.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 at 2:09 AM - Response #9

To get the video to Flash you have 2 options:

1) In your authoring software export it to Flash directly. If your authoring software does not support a direct Flash export, load the video in a higher level video software application such as Adobe Premiere and then export it to the Flash format.

2) Search Google for "convert wmv to swf" -- you'll find several programs that can make the conversion for you from your current file.

The Windows Media Player is a plugin. So people have to have it installed if they're going to watch your current video. Flash is also a plugin, it just has even more market saturation and is currently the best video option available.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 at 8:08 AM - Response #10

Dianne:

What a great tribute. Which program did you use to develop your video and how big is the file as we may not have enough free storage.

Thanks again for your thoughtful presentation,

Bo

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 at 9:16 AM - Response #11

Lori Young wrote:

At least you know some people can view your video. I tried again and still get the red x..sorry. Any ideas as to why it isnt opening on our end?

I have the same issue.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 at 12:18 PM - Response #12

Diane Michiels wrote:

I'd like to invite everyone to go to my reunion site and view our "Memory" video. This is beautifully presented with respect and dignity to all those who passed away in the 58 years of our school. As this was our 'FINAL REUNION' it really makes us all realize that we really do only live for the moment. I hope you enjoy our tribute to our students, teachers and caretakers of our beloved school.

Diane

I hope you mean by 'Final Reunion' is that you can no longer tour the school..etc etc. You can still have reunions. I am working on our 45th to be held in Aug. 2010. We couldn't have done it without CC...the alumni lists we had were from the last reunion over 15yrs ago.
Our School closed many years ago in the early 2000's. The City of Chicago closed the charter 'Austin High School' it then became Austin High Academy with 3 school into one.
Unfortunately...the school board and anyone else in Corrupt Chicago...took all our memorabilia. Such a shame!!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 at 5:50 PM - Response #13

That is a out standing video Thank you for the invite to see it.

Just because they are closeing the school you can still have REUNIONS

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 at 9:28 PM - Response #14

Nice Video, I think now that they are closing your school you would want to have reunions to keep the memory of the school alive.

Friday, June 25, 2010 at 1:30 PM - Response #15

Excellent job on the video; my only suggestion would have been to include yearbook photos with each student.

Saturday, June 26, 2010 at 4:24 PM - Response #16

Hi Diane, nice video, I may try to do something similar for our In Memory classmates.

Also it's nice to see another Canadian classcreator website too Smile

As other have asked, why is this year your Last Reunion? While there may be no more future graduating classes from Norwich, all of your alumni will continue to have get togethers in person or virtually via your CC website I hope?

Sunday, June 27, 2010 at 1:06 AM - Response #17

I will find out for you. I gave all the names, music and backgrounds to my daughter-in-law. She put it all together. Thank you and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Diane

Sunday, June 27, 2010 at 1:13 AM - Response #18

Our school will be closing it's doors next week.Crying or Very sad My web site is our way of staying in touch forever. Everyone loves it. There will be no more reunions. A mind blowing weekend for everyone involved. They had a chance to walk the halls just "one more time". They came from all over Canada, Californina, Wyoming, Florida, and a couple from Germany. I could not have imagined that one night last year, I came about Class Creators by pure accident. What a blessing that has been. What an amazing bunch of administrators! We've reunited over 3000 alumni and as I am writing this, I'm still in aweSmile We are just waiting for our entire weekend video to be put up. It will be amazing and more than an hour long. I will let everyone know as that you can view my "Little Town School With a Big Heart"

Diane

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.