ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

TEACHERS

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/03/08 08:49 AM Views: 1596 Replies: 6
Monday, November 3, 2008 at 8:49 AM

I have an all school alumni site. I'm able to add any year that I want. But, I need a place for teachers. Since our school existed from 1927-2005. It's kind of hard to associate a teacher with any one class. Many of them taught at FN for 30 years or more. Is it possible to add a teachers tab and I just don't know about it?
Thanks so much.
Karen

Monday, November 3, 2008 at 12:59 PM - Response #1

You can add guests to your site, which is the best way to add teachers or anyone else who worked at the school that you may wish to add.

From our FAQ

I want to promote our site to teachers, principals, faculty, alumni, relatives, friends, etc. Is it possible to add these people to our site?

Answer: Yes. This is known as adding a "Guest Member." A Guest Member is a member of your site that does not appear on your Class List along with the rest of your Classmates. Adding a Guest Member is easy:

Click the Enter/Edit Classmates Manually button
Click the Add New Member button
Next to "Show on Class List" choose "Yes", "No", or "Show as Guest Member."
Here's an explanation of these options:

SHOW ON CLASS LIST
You should select this option if the Member is a Classmate.

DO NOT SHOW ON CLASS LIST
Select this option if you don't want this Member to show up anywhere on your site, but allow Member full access to view your site and participate in forums. Note: Members who do not show on your Class List DO NOT have Profiles that can be edited or read by other Classmates.

SHOW AS GUEST MEMBER
Select this option if you wish for the Guest Member to show on your Classmate Profiles page below the list of your regular Classmates. Guest Members who show under your regular Class List DO have Profiles that can be edited and read by other Classmates.

SUGGESTION: When adding Guest Members it is recommended you denote who they are in parenthesis in the last name field. Examples:

John Smith (Teacher - 81-8Cool
Kelly Parker (Band Director)
Ruth Wassam (Librarian)
Hank Turner (Principal)

Note: If you have any current Members that you wish to change to Guest Members instead, simply edit the Details area of their Profiles and select one of the two new Guest Member options.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 at 4:12 AM - Response #2

FYI, on the multi year sites we will be adding a new option you can turn on called "Teacher Profiles". It will basically just be a copy of your Classmate Profiles page functionality, but used so teachers can join and participate in your site.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 at 7:43 AM - Response #3

Thank you so much. My school is thrilled with this site. Anything that will make it easier for a novice like me will be GREATLY appreciated. Although, you have no idea how much I appreciate the site already.
Again Thanks you!!!!
Karen

Monday, January 19, 2009 at 3:12 PM - Response #4

Is this available yet? I checked, but I didn't see anything.

Monday, January 19, 2009 at 4:44 PM - Response #5

Nope. Our programmer who works on this area of the system went on a rather long vacation to Brazil. He'll be working on Teacher Profile integration shortly.

Monday, January 19, 2009 at 4:57 PM - Response #6

Thanks so much.
I'll keep checking.
Still loving the site.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.