ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Hijacker

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/01/09 12:25 PM Views: 1196 Replies: 1
Wednesday, April 1, 2009 at 12:25 PM

I am at a loss.

I have had a person who has been harrassing classmates and me and had her kicked off the site. Now someone is pertending to have been members of a class but didn't graduate.

I don't know what to do. If we cannot verify them, they aren't on the site.

Is there any tracking of where these messages are from if they are using "Contact Us" on the site.

This has been very disturbing and we had to get the police involved.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009 at 6:16 PM - Response #1

Ok, let me be sure I'm clear here, you're verifying all new members and that in and of itself is fine, correct? But you've got somebody filling out your public Contact Us form and by doing that they're continuing to bother you in some fashion, correct?

In answer to your IP tracking question, no your contact form does not currently track the IP address of the submitter? Although if this continues and you find it necessary to track the IP, we could program that in. The thing about tracking IP address though is usually you'll still wind up at a dead end. Unless there's something extreme involved, Internet Providers usually won't give out the identify of a user just because you've collected an IP address and are asking for that. Thus I'm not sure IP address info is going to be of much help anyway..

Edited 04/01/09 6:19 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.