ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Email notifications not being received/2nd request

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/28/15 09:59 PM Views: 1350 Replies: 19
Sunday, June 28, 2015 at 9:59 PM

Since Friday, several classmates haven't received email notifications. Currently, I'm receiving duplicate email notifications from last week. Can tech support please investigate. Earlier today I posted this same question and it's not appearing on this forum. Thank you.
PS: Classmate Birthday notifications are also not being received. For example: I'm subscribed to be notified for all classmates' birthday - while I did receive an email notification birthday reminder 7 days ago, I did not receive a reminder yesterday or today that today is a classmate's birthday. I'm receiving email from classmates asking: "if something is wrong - why email notifications haven't been received". Can tech support please investigate and get back to me. Thank you.

Edited 06/29/15 8:08 AM
Monday, June 29, 2015 at 6:08 PM - Response #1

Hi Elena,

There were a few reports of delays from gmail this weekend. I submitted a ticket to them and although I have not heard back from them I have talked to others experiencing this delay over the weekend and they all stated that they have received their messages now and that messages are flowing through normally again.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 7:48 AM - Response #2

Hi Jessica,
Because our Stats resumed to our normal, it does appear notifications are now being received. Most of our classmates hadn't received any notifications for 72 hours. Our classmates do not exclusively use gmail. Was this system-wide? Thanks for letting me know.

Edited 06/30/15 8:07 AM
Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 10:14 AM - Response #3

It appeared to be gmail and tests from today and yesterday show it is flowing again without delay.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 11:12 AM - Response #4

Jessica,
I'm traveling on business & cannot make individual classmate inquiries. Today we only have 2 classmates who logged on as compared with our norm of at least 16 logging on before 11am. One log on today uses gmail. With a holiday weekend approaching, I'm concerned if e-mail notifications are not being received as they were received like yesterday. . I have no barometer to determine this except Statistics, thank you.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 11:34 AM - Response #5

We have been running tests to gmail and other providers yesterday and today and we are not seeing any signs of delay. You should be all set.

Jessica

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 12:30 PM - Response #6

Jessica - Classmates are sending me email: they are not receiving any notifications today - from a wide array of ISP's. Sometime yesterday they were receiving notifications. Today, even I haven't received any notifications. Please look into this - much appreciated. Thank you.

Edited 06/30/15 12:36 PM
Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 12:50 PM - Response #7

Elena,

You will need to email me the name or email address of the individuals you are referring to. We don't show any pending in the email queue and all tests are coming through normally.

You can email me at info@classcreator.com as you don't want to post classmate emails on the public forum.

Thanks,

Jessica

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 2:11 PM - Response #8

Jessica,
I appreciate your attention to this matter. Due to time constraints, my job prevents me from sending you a list of email addresses. If you still have the 2 email addresses I sent you a few days ago (one is my email address) - the other classmate is receiving notifications this afternoon containing posts I submitted very early AM yesterday. If you no longer have my communication containing 2 email addresses, let me know. I will send to you privately. The IT who works for me, suggests this isn't an email specific matter. If you look at our 30-day Stats, the decrease of log ons occurred during periods of time when email notifications were not received. Thank you.

Edited 06/30/15 2:14 PM
Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 2:59 PM - Response #9

Hi Elena,

I don't have the information. I don't show any pending emails for your email address. I checked the queues which are all clear and the mail server logs and nothing is showing as pending on this end. If you want to give me the name for the other classmate I can look up their email and do another search, however, the only emails on the email server right now are a few that will resend from unresponsive email servers and none of the email pending is gmail or any other mail email provider.

Jessica

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 3:14 PM - Response #10

Jessica,
I sent a private message to you thru tech support. An Admin from another CC site wrote to me they're having the same problem. However, the forum post was deleted. My last notification was received yesterday at 1:53 PM. Thank you.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 3:23 PM - Response #11

I responded to your private post. We may have made their post private in the system if they included classmate email addresses. We can't leave classmate email addresses live on public forums. If someone else is out there having issues they are welcome to add to this post or email me at info@classcreator.com and I'm happy to look into those as well.

Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 9:12 AM - Response #12

before 9am today, we have higher stats early AM compared with the end of yesterday. Today it appears some of our classmates are finally receiving email notifications. This has happened to our particular website in the past - is there an explanation?

Edited 07/01/15 3:26 PM
Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 1:05 PM - Response #13

Mail is flowing freely today and was also flowing freely yesterday. Unfortunately I don't know what would cause stats to change from one day to the next. We continue to test gmail and several others and are not seeing any delays after the weekend. Let me know if you see any other issues.

Jessica

Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 2:47 PM - Response #14

Thank you, Jessica.
Our Statistics are definitely affected by receipt or no receipt of email notification. Today I'm receiving notifications posted yesterday. Other registered classmates continue to not receive e-mail notifications yesterday & today although their e-mail is easily sending and receiving on other servers. Even over a holiday, our classmates continue to remain connected to our website thru smart phones & tablets. In the past, our website had problems with CC server - will continue to monitor - hoping there's a resolution soon. I appreciate your attention & response to our concerns. Have a Happy Fourth!

Edited 07/01/15 3:22 PM
Friday, July 3, 2015 at 8:53 AM - Response #15

Yesterday and Wednesday, some of our classmates are not receiving e-mail notifications. Those who are receiving notifications are receiving notifications containing items posted a few days ago. Last weekend, notifications were not received. Monday some emails were pushed through. Tuesday through today, few classmates are receiving. Is this isolated to our website? Thank you

Edited 07/04/15 11:22 AM
Friday, July 3, 2015 at 11:32 AM - Response #16

Elena,

Some classmates have their notifications set to once daily. If you email me the details I can look to see what their individual settings are. The once daily notifications go out the next day as a summary of the prior day activity. When you have time if you want to have one of them forward me an example or if you give me their first initial and last name I can look to see if that is the settings they have under their Notify Me page.

The morning queues can take a couple hours for certain providers because some of them only allow a certain amount of mail to be sent every x number of minutes. Those queues clear within the morning.

We have been very closely monitoring email all week and have seen no noticeable delays and all tests are coming through normally. The few aol accounts we checked earlier this week for you had no messages pending in our morning queues or email servers. It is possible there were queues on the other end that we do not have access to.

Jessica

Friday, July 3, 2015 at 11:44 AM - Response #17

Jessica,
All of that is all well and good - things are not operating as they normally do and our classmates are noticing. The last notification I received was July 1 @8:37pm.
Thanks for your reply.

Friday, July 3, 2015 at 11:58 AM - Response #18

I did get my notification for your site today. I am not seeing any delays or gaps in notifications. Note that around all of the major holidays that it is very normal for activity levels and traffic on the sites to drop significantly.

Saturday, July 4, 2015 at 11:13 AM - Response #19

Thanks, Scott.
Our enthusiastic classmates stay connected and log on remotely wherever they may go. Compared with past days this week when I received nothing, today I started to receive notifications. According to classmates' email I received today, more classmates are finally receiving, too, as reflected by stats today which are good - much higher than the entire dates of June 26 & June 30. Have a Happy Fourth!

Edited 07/05/15 11:44 AM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.