ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Show classmate city and no address

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 12/23/08 12:29 AM Views: 1301 Replies: 3
Tuesday, December 23, 2008 at 12:29 AM

Can there be a button next to the classmates street address to show or hide in their profile, but still show the city. I see some people are leaving out the address when registering maybe because they do not want it to show up on profile.

I would like to make the address info required fields, but have the classmate have the choice of showing it in their profile. From a data and reunion planning point of view, I want/need the addresses to be entered.

Has this come up and is it possible?

Tuesday, December 23, 2008 at 12:59 AM - Response #1

There is already a check-box on the Profile Edit page that says this:

Allow Classmates to see my address and phone number (this information is hidden from your Classmates unless you check this box).

Not sure if this helps you

Tuesday, December 23, 2008 at 2:54 AM - Response #2

Yes, but it is not on the contact info page, where people enter their address. And... it is on the bottom of the page with all of the questions, I do not think people are seeing and instead are leaving the address info blank.

I would like the option of requiring an email address and mailing address. Next to each they can click visible online or hide.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008 at 11:01 AM - Response #3

You're touching on one of those "sensitive issues." I don't think requiring the street address is a good move, as first and foremost there will be some people who complain about this, and second, for those people they can simply enter something fake anyway, circumventing your requirement.

Instead, I think there's one thing we can do, and one thing you can do that will help with this.

WHAT YOU CAN DO: Send an email to any new Classmates without street addresses and explain just like you did above why you need it, and how it's protected from Classmate viewing. Shortly you'll also be able to include this information in your default New Classmate Registration email if you want to. In this way you can automate the explanation of why you want the street address included.

WHAT WE CAN DO: I agree with you that having no explanation on the details page itself about the street address being private by default is not helping. Under the street address field we'll put "Your street address is only visible to the Site Administrator and is hidden from your Classmates unless you specifically choose to share this information in your Profile area."

Edited 12/23/08 11:02 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.