ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Profile generated questions missing

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/27/12 08:07 PM Views: 1104 Replies: 8
Tuesday, March 27, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Hi, not sure what the problem is here, but we have put 13 active questions in our profile generator, but only 9 of them are showing up -- and even these are not in the same order as on our profile generator. Any ideas?

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 at 10:18 PM - Response #1

Ian,

You have renamed the DEFAULT QUESTIONS to be different than their meaning. You can't do that or you will get bad results. For example, you have renamed the "Last Updated" question to be "Email address:". The Last Updated field is not an input field, it is a field that is filled in by the Class Creator system. None of your classmates will ever be able to enter anything for this question.

The BIRTHDAY question, you renamed to be "Education". This won't work because the only things the classmates will be able to enter are date fields.

The OCCUPATION field, you renamed to be "Spouse/Partner". So when you activate the "Occupation" right side module, you will get a list of all of the spouse names. Probably not what you want.

The rules say you can move them, deactivate them, or rename them, but you cannot change the meaning of the fields. You changed the meaning on almost all of the default questions.

What you want to do is restore the default questions, then add the custom questions you want.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 at 10:21 PM - Response #2

OK thanks! But.. how do I restore the default questions?

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 at 12:03 AM - Response #3

OK if I do it for you?

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 at 4:33 AM - Response #4

Yes please Kyle! I can't figure out how to do it! Ian

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 at 8:59 AM - Response #5

OK, it is done.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 at 10:51 AM - Response #6

Hi Kyle,
I'm still seeing the same generator items that I screwed up..no change yet. Smile

Ian

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 at 11:18 AM - Response #7

Well, that is weird. I know where I went wrong, though. you have two websites. I was viewing your OTHER website (not the 1961 website).

Now I just finished. Please retry.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 at 11:34 AM - Response #8

Hi Kyle, sorry for the confusion. Yes it seems to be cleared now, I will have another go at it. Thanks for your help. Ian

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.