ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Son of deceased classmate wants to complete his dad's profile

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 08/28/09 01:54 PM Views: 1658 Replies: 4
Friday, August 28, 2009 at 1:54 PM

I've had a request from this classmate's son to fill out his dad's profile. Can I somehow give him a one-time password to use? I've helped others reset their password, but there isn't anything for me to enter as far as passwords when I go into the deceased classmates profile page.

Friday, August 28, 2009 at 2:23 PM - Response #1

I had something similar - I set up a guest account and the daughter represented her deceased mother on the guest account. Also, that way other classmates had a way to email the daughter.

Friday, August 28, 2009 at 5:18 PM - Response #2

Deceased Classmates don't really have an active Profile anymore. We do auto link back to the Profile from the In Memory entry (if there was a Profile that is), but generally the Profile is no longer actively updated after somebody has passed away.

I do have two recommendations for you though:

1) Make the son a Guest Member. This way the son can post comments about his dad on his dad's In Memory page.

2) Ask the son for assistance in creating the In Memory entry itself. I'm sure he's got things to say about his dad that nobody else would be able to come up with. If you get a writeup from him, you can work that writeup into a very nice In Memory entry, and the son can then comment under that entry from his Guest Member account, and even continue to have an ongoing dialogue about his dad with his dad's Classmates all right there on his dad's IN Memory entry.

Friday, August 28, 2009 at 5:30 PM - Response #3

Thank you both for your sensitive replies...

Monday, September 28, 2009 at 5:15 PM - Response #4

I had the same thing happen. I contacted a deceased classmates daughter to get details about her Mom and she was very receptive. She ended up creating a guest profile for herself. Then, under the deceased classmates "In Memory" profile, I said to look under the daughter's guest profile for more info. The daughter has enjoyed getting emails from the classmates and has said this has helped her get to know her Mom. The daughter was fairly young when her Mom passed away.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.