ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Can I Add a Question to Survey?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/08/14 03:30 PM Views: 579 Replies: 5
Saturday, March 8, 2014 at 3:30 PM

We have a survey that I need to add another question. I have two question in one question and wanting to split the question into two.
Will this mess up the survey when we export to excel?
We've had 22 surveys submitted as of today. We're tracking our reunion events.
Thanks, kk

Monday, March 10, 2014 at 2:06 PM - Response #1

Yes... that will impact your results. You might consider sending out a new survey from scratch.

Monday, March 10, 2014 at 2:19 PM - Response #2

As I recall we did this a few years ago - I'm not sure of our situation, but I think if you can add the question at the end, you should be ok. When you get the export, you'll have an extra column on the end which would be blank for the first 22 surveys and then filled in for the rest. You might try it out by entering another question at the end,taking the survey yourself, doing the export and see what it looks like.

Monday, March 10, 2014 at 2:30 PM - Response #3

My only concern is that if the questions are answered in the first set as one answer, and then broken into 2 answers for the questions, it might be hard to organize for the admin.

Monday, March 10, 2014 at 2:42 PM - Response #4

Scott's right. If you change the question to a different type or include additional answer choices, it will appear at first to be what you wanted. But later when you view the survey it will be confusing. Here's a post where I did some testing with that: http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?messageid=33303B59-2219-24ED-ACBE03EC970B3EE9#33303B59-2219-24ED-ACBE03EC970B3EE9

I do think that you could add a question, but you'd have to get those who'd already taken the survey to go back and edit their first attempt to include the new question.

Monday, March 10, 2014 at 4:53 PM - Response #5

#1 I did add another question. It was part of the first question which several people didn't answer. It seems if you have too many questions or comments in anything for our age - they only read the first question. javascript:addSmiley('Laughing');
#2 So I number my questions so they can check them off.
#3 I was able to move the question up on the survey but when you go to print and export the question it's at the bottom. We can always move that question in excel to be in order as submitted.
#4 We just wanted all the questions to be answered. Still not working. They're not reading the small examples, so I guess I'll try to add it in the question.

Thanks for all the help. kk

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.