ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

JVideoplayer MP3 size

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/17/20 12:03 PM Views: 837 Replies: 17
Sunday, May 17, 2020 at 12:03 PM

There were some style changes that were made either by CC or the browsers, plus Autoplay suppression by all browsers (unless users gave permission) that cause some issues for MP3 playing and control positioning.

Mostly fixed (not uploaded yet). Need to get popup size adjusted if no playlist is shown.

I'll update when I'm done. At least this virus thing means I have time Very Happy

Sunday, May 17, 2020 at 12:14 PM - Response #1

Thanks Jack. Stay safe.

Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 12:17 AM - Response #2

MP3 image display All fixed.

I think what happened is CC will soon support HTML5 audio and they added some style code to the audio that was interfering with my code and that messed up the image size.

Autostart does not work because browsers now do not allow the automatic starting of videos or audio unless the user enables automatic video and audio in the browser.

Documentation and Examples here

Edited 05/21/20 12:20 AM
Tuesday, June 30, 2020 at 3:45 AM - Response #3

Thanks Jack!

Got a question for you, we'd discussed possibly setting a cookie so that the players could pick up where they left off. Don't know if you've thought any more about the possibility or not.

Second question, how hard would it be to take our playlists and export them in a format that we could upload to YouTube and create our own playlist from the lists we created for our websites? Sort of a export TO YouTube function?

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 at 1:20 PM - Response #4

The cookie is interesting to learn. Have never done cookie stuff. I need to document an image gallery slider first and a few limit adjustments. The docs take almost as long as the coding Very Happy

This is a Prototype Page Need to add a few more things.

The playlist export is more an issue of who would actually use that. It means one would have to read the docs which are already too long Shocked Usually in the winter I can't do outside stuff - so maybe just for kicks.

Monday, July 6, 2020 at 11:05 PM - Response #5

The number of people who would use a playlist export is likely to be pretty limited, but I know that I and the 108 playlists (many fully loaded with 199 songs) that I've got on my site would appreciate it. I've got some great music with a lot of time spent getting the order right. I can easily export the list, but I have no idea how complicated it would be to auto-import them into YouTube, if it's even possible, but I thought I'd ask. If it's super complicated, please don't spend much time on it. but if it's a simple process, I'd really appreciate it!

I saw your reply the day you wrote it, but I've been looking around at w3schools "Javascript Cookies" and some other sites suggested by StackOverflow, but didn't know if your JPlayer was written in javascript or what.

Just thinking out loud, if you were to develop a cookie so that the player would pick up where it left off last visit, it might involve adding a line number to the process.

IF line numbers were added, it would certainly make it easier to replace the play code when the player shows the infamous "Deleted - The Owner does not allow this to be embedded in a player" message. Might be a side benefit. LOL

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 at 12:52 AM - Response #6

All you need to do to find the Youtube song that is removed or blocked is search for the description shown. Pretty easy.

Storing/retrieving cookies appears to be relatively easy. It's all in the details. I think I can coexist with CC cookies. I did a simple test a long time ago to see how they worked. But never did more than read them Cool

If one has more than one player on a page I also need to store the playerid used as well as the line number, The line number is already known - it's the number shown on the playlist. Plus random option would ignore.

These little details all take time, plus testing on all the browsers.

I need to wait to see what CC does with https option to make sure I can test that option. And finish the gallery slider.

Not sure if cookies should be an option vs always restart at last +1. Probably always. Would have to be documented on how it works - and that random disables.

(There's a little font color thing I need to check out too - I noticed on yours the list is RED. It's supposed to be black letters. Weird and tied to some CC styling or maybe your choice for links?)

Edited 07/07/20 12:53 AM
Wednesday, July 8, 2020 at 2:30 AM - Response #7

Jack Vermeulen wrote:

All you need to do to find the Youtube song that is removed or blocked is search for the description shown. Pretty easy.

Pretty easy, but when I see one has been blocked or deleted, I find a replacement and copy the code, so the code is loaded into the clipboard memory, so I cant Control F to find it in the playlist, that leaves scrolling through manually looking for the title so I can delete the old code, then paste in the code on the clipboard. I can always find it, and I usually note the line number of the deleted song. That gives me a rough idea where in the long list the one I'm looking for is located, but having line numbers display in "Source" like they do in "Player" would really be convenient.

Quote:

Storing/retrieving cookies appears to be relatively easy. It's all in the details. I think I can coexist with CC cookies.

That's good to hear! Perhaps it will work out.

Quote:

Not sure if cookies should be an option vs always restart at last +1. Probably always.

That's interesting. I didn't know that restart at last was an option. That would appear to accomplish the same thing. I might opt to repeat the last song, just to show that it was picking up where it left off as opposed to "possibly" being a random thing. Just thinking out loud, but I wonder if it could have a switch, is that the right word, where, say autoplay=0 or 1, but where the default would be last or last +1, but permit us to choose the number, positive or negative if this would permit us to play last, last +1 or possibly last Minus 4, to play the last 4 songs as a start point. Just wondering?

You mentioned that the last number is known, but is it recorded anywhere? My players always start on the first song (unless random is selected). I'd never noticed. Could this be implemented now or soon?

Quote:

(There's a little font color thing I need to check out too - I noticed on yours the list is RED. It's supposed to be black letters. Weird and tied to some CC styling or maybe your choice for links?)

That's interesting, I've never seen it in red. Normally it is in black. Heading Color I'll normally use dark green # 006600, but haven't changed any other colors.

Quote:

I need to wait to see what CC does with https option to make sure I can test that option. And finish the gallery slider.

I'm sure looking forward to them getting https worked out. I'm hoping their solution will permit us to use our own domain names throughout. Was really hoping "Let's Encrypt" might be an option. It's free, if they can implement it. I've used it for several years on another site.

Speaking of your gallery slider, WOW, I hadn't taken the time to look at it until now. I'm very impressed! I love the ability to zoom. That;s a feature that has been missing. It took me several visits before I noticed the small "Click to Close x". The full screen width panoramas were exceptional!

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 at 12:47 PM - Response #8

To find any video song, search the actual code (for the description) in your page in the CC editor, not the clipboard memory. I just paste the new Youtube ID replacing the original one. Sometimes I might modify the description. Not sure exactly what you are doing since it should just be search and redo the ID. Or just copy the code into notepad and search there. Then replace back into CC editor source mode.

However, if one does a lot html, an HTML editor makes life much simpler. MS Expression 4 is free and very good. MS removed from their site, but you can get it on other sites for free.

I fixed the playlist font color. I have no idea why I saw 'red' and you did not, but it's now a dark navy blue. On our site it used to be blue. You might not see yet since the caching keeps scripts around. I often have to manually flush everything to get new stuff to load. A royal PIA.

My wording was poor on "last". I meant that if a cookie was stored, it would use that number +1. But on reading your comment, starting at the last one played makes more sense and easier.

I did some more testing on cookie and appears to be simple. Will probably ignore for multiple players on a page for now. That's fairly rare.

Friday, July 10, 2020 at 12:18 AM - Response #9

Cookies done. If Random play is not selected and it's a single player on page, JVideoplayer restarts at the last song/video played on subsequent visits.

Edit: minimum playlist is 6 entries or more for cookies to be stored.

Playlist text color back to blue. There's an option to change text color, but not sure that's worth documenting?

Secure https works. Tested in Preview which is https.

Flush cache to make sure you get current version.

Edited 07/10/20 1:06 PM
Saturday, July 11, 2020 at 9:34 PM - Response #10

Jack,

Thanks for taking the time to visit my site. I appreciate that.

The text on the playlist is now blue rather than black. As for documenting it, if it's not too difficult, I'd lean toward documenting it while it's fresh in your mind. Never know when it might be needed.

That brings up a question. Would it be possible to change the color on a line by line basis (so we could highlight specific entries) or, and I assume, it's an all or nothing setting. Could a line by line color code be included, sort of like how we use the brackets to start or stop a tune at some point other than the beginning or end? e.g. [12,183]? Could a color flag of sorts be added. Perhaps as an additional, is argument the correct term? e.g. [12,183,C#41C8FE]? That could be interesting, although a colored Divider would accomplish almost the same thing and we already have that ability. Just thinking out loud.

Moving to cookies now, Thank you so much for this! I absolutely love having the ability to pick up where we left off. Formerly our classmates would hear the same first tune each time they selected that player. This is really nice!

On replacing the play codes, I do it the same way that you do pretty much. I'll find a replacement, copy the player code and paste it in my playlist to replace the "deleted" code.

The thing I was referring to was the difficulty in a 199 tune playlist was actually locating the correct line within the playlist. Normally, I'd use "Control F" to search for the old description or code, however, because I already have the replacement code copied to my clipboard, I can't easily use it to search for the location without losing the copied code (or saving it somewhere).

Would it be possible to show the line number when we "View Source" like the line numbers we see when viewing the live player, it would be much easier to locate the correct line. Again, just thinking out loud.

Thanks again, those cookies are great!

Saturday, July 11, 2020 at 11:12 PM - Response #11

To set the size and color of the list use these two (they were always there, I just didn't want to complicate things more).

&Vlistfontcolor=green set color to green (default=blue) Or use any #rrggbb hex codes.
&Vlistfontsize=12 set size to 12 (default=10 )

prior name was vfontsize, which also still works for backward compat. I think I'm the only one that used it Smile I like 12 better, but you get fewer on a page. Old CC player is 10, so that's why I made it 10 default.

The list comprises LI elements and controlled by a CSS 'class'. I have to override CC/browser defaults which caused my color issues when different sites (and browsers) have different defaults. For example, I saw red in my browser and you saw black. I never noticed since our site happens to have "blue", so I thought it was working. So ATM, don't even think it's possible without rethinking how the list is made and triggered.

Still confused with finding/replacing a song. I must be misinterpreting what you are doing. My browsers don't replace what is in the clipboard when I use CTRL+F. ?? (Chrome or Firefox). The clipboard still contains what I copied with CTRL+C after CTRL+F. I highlight the text, then press CTRL+F in a browser.

Whether it's 10 or 500 songs, makes no difference. I have a song list that's 394 songs. No problem finding whatever I want. In notepad (or in the CC editor or html editor) just search the code. Then replace when you find a hit. I typically have Youtube open in another tab with the replacement. When I get to the "old" code, I copy the data from the new tab. I do not replace the whole list, just the single line.

Somewhere you are doing something that is destroying your clipboard vs how I do it or a step that is different.

Where is the long playlist located on your site? I never saw one that was super long.

Edited 07/11/20 11:15 PM
Thursday, July 16, 2020 at 1:45 AM - Response #12

Jack Vermeulen wrote:

Where is the long playlist located on your site? I never saw one that was super long.

Well, apparently I don't have one. I thought there was a limit of 199 songs, but I just doubled it and they all showed up. That's nice! So is there a limit, or is it unlimited?

I think I mentioned that I just tried JVautozoomgallery. It's a very nice way to be able to click to enlarge photos. You asked for comments. The only one that I have is that you have to have your cursor over the image to escape out of it. It took me quite a while to figure this out. I kept trying to click in an area outside of the photo thinking that would disengage it, but it didn't. That would be the only suggestion that I might have, to allow us to exit the program by clicking outside the image.

Thinking out loud. JVautozoomgallery enlarges the photo to fit the screen. Sometimes I'd like to enlarge an image beyond that. Could this feature be added?

Thursday, July 16, 2020 at 1:48 PM - Response #13

Quote:

So is there a limit, or is it unlimited?

There is no limit for JVideoplayer. The limit I talk about in the docs references Youtube 200 in an online playlist and 100 for a remote list - what I'm doing. Docs talk about differences.

For JVautozoomgallery and JVautozoom (latter is for single images).

There is a way to set ZOOM sizes - percent or explicit. And a description. Docs cover all this and examples.

See Image Zoom Size Values (zoomwidth=, zoomheight=). These are parameters added to "img" html. Same thing with adding a description.

This is 80% of size. If you wanted it 2X make it 200%.

This is forced to 600px

This adds a description (alt=) - default = full screen size.

If you make it larger than screen it gets confusing since controls will shift out of view. For "gallery" view, not a good idea. For single image, not a problem.

The reason clicking outside of the image is an issue is that image size proportions can vary. So it would be very easy to accidentally click outside of the image and close.

Craiglist makes a standard "box" that defines the image. CC is somewhat similar - except they vary the size within limits. I make it use ALL the space available all the time.

Since images size vary, it's possible that all of a sudden the cursor is "outside" the image and it closes. Something easy to do with CC when "browsing". I instead made it so the controls tend to stay in the same place - if no sizing is done - so it's easy to go back and forth vs the controls jumping all over the place. IOW what works for one case is not useful for another.

Edited 07/16/20 5:00 PM
Thursday, July 16, 2020 at 5:39 PM - Response #14

Added escape key to close a gallery. Appears to work ok.

Saturday, July 18, 2020 at 3:29 PM - Response #15

The escape key worked well in Pale Moon, Brave and Opera. It's a very nice touch!

Thanks for the explanation on size in JVautozoom and gallery. My apology, I guess I wasn't clear in what I was asking. Currently you use all the screen that is available and I think that is the ideal situation. No, what I was wondering is, let's say one of the images has something in the background that you'd like to zoom in to see more clearly, say a small bird off in a corner on a branch or the menu items in the background of a restaurant shot for example. Something where it wouldn't matter if the entire image went off screen, just so we could do a close up on a small part of the image, sort of like the enlarge slider on some photo viewers, that's what I was wondering about?

Saturday, July 18, 2020 at 4:20 PM - Response #16

Browsers allow one now to ZOOM in on a page or image using Ctrl+mousewheel or Ctrl+PlusMinus key.

For Edge or Chrome or Opera, place cursor over image and right click and pick "Open Image in a New Tab" Firefox is "View Image". Then use Ctrl method.

You can zoom at least 4X. Use browser sliders to move around.

The other method is to make a special section that uses the percent keyword gallery method. I've done that for an image that had all the classmates with "tiny" faces. Image needs to be highres for that work.

Touch screen/Portable devices you can use the pinch finger controls. Those are slightly easier.

Sunday, July 19, 2020 at 1:56 AM - Response #17

Well, I'm having another "I can't believe I didn't think to try that" moment. LOL

I use Control Plus Minus all the time, but I guess I was so excited to use your program that it never occurred to me to try it. (And if all else fails, I've been known to download an image and blow it up in a Photoshop type program.)

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.