ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Name Tags Avery 5163

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/23/17 11:59 AM Views: 1557 Replies: 3
Sunday, July 23, 2017 at 11:59 AM

Hi,

Five years ago when we were printing name tags for our 45th there was a form Avery 5163, which we used. Now we are getting ready for our 50th, and still have plenty of the 5163 remaining but it is not one of the options to select under the Beta Name Tag.

Can it be added, I realize you would need to format since it is a 2 X 4 label, but would save us from buying more.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 9:05 AM - Response #1

You should be able to use the Generate Excel Nametags (use Excel spreadsheet to do a mail merge through Word) to print your nametags. You can even add an image to each label.

I don't think anyone is currently working on the NameTag feature, so I doubt it will get added before you need it.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 11:25 AM - Response #2

Carol,

Avery 5163 is a shipping label, not a name tag. Though you may have found it was available to print on your site, I would not expect to find that particular label available to print name tags. (Avery calls them 'name badges'.)

I use Avery's online option or download to make the name tags. Yes, it is a bit extra work yet the design is simple and easily read.

I am currently preparing for our Medicare Reunion in less than two weeks. Our leftovers from our 45th (two years ago) were "Avery 88395 name badges", yet I was not able to find the product number template on Avery's design program. I did find 25395 and compared it to the 88395. The only difference found was the quantity of name tags - 160 vs. 80. You may wish to look at other labels by Avery with the last three product numbers. Our labels are adhesive, flexible with no curl. Again, everything on the packaging is the same as those we used two years ago except for the quantity as I purchased two packages of the 25395.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 1:15 PM - Response #3
1972.pdf

I had difficulty using the built in badge templates. The classmate year will only appear on the left template. Font size does not adjust.
Badge size is small.

But, the good news is.... After trying to remember how I did our name tags years ago, I searched for a way to insert hyperlinks into a Word mail merge. TaDa. I found a site.
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_graphics.htm
This site shows each step in making badges.
They allow you to download FREE ad-in that will automate the process.
It is easy to use. Choose any label size.
Just put photos and a spreadsheet into the same folder and create your badges.
The ad-in will appear on your menu bar to insert the graphic. What a time saver.

See my one page sample attached.
Enjoy.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.