ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

How can I test Event Planner without exposing to entire class?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/13/17 05:16 PM Views: 661 Replies: 6
Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 5:16 PM

I would like to have the Admin committee test the event planner defined activities. Partly to sell them on how it works. The existing plan is to paper mail. I would like them to walk through the event that is now defined and then use the reports to see how the process works.

Can I restrict the event to admins only?

I checked the link definition produced when the event is published and there is not a password check box.
Thanks.

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 5:30 PM - Response #1

Admins can preview the page by going to Edit Site Pages and clicking Preview even if the page has not yet been made live on the site.

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 5:39 PM - Response #2

Thanks. I was hoping to makes test reservations and then show the result using the Reports module. I have activated the page, quickly done a reservation, and then deactivated.

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 5:45 PM - Response #3

You should be able to "publish" the event and copy the link to the clipboard. Then go to "edit site pages"; "edit link", and click "active" off for that event page. You should be able to send the link (copy/paste) via an email to your committee and they should be able to just click on the link and have them register. You just won't see a tab on the web site, but it should be active for the committee to register. It's there, they just can't see it without the link. I did this last year and it worked good.

Edited 06/13/17 5:51 PM
Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 5:59 PM - Response #4

Great idea! I'll try it. Thanks.

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 6:18 PM - Response #5

Works great! Thanks!

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 6:37 PM - Response #6

Fantastic! I'm glad it work for you!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.