ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Why am I seeing duplicate e-mail addresses when I e-mail the class?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/20/09 10:46 PM Views: 1063 Replies: 3
Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 10:46 PM

When I send out a mass e-mail to the class, one classmate's e-mail is repeated four times to the same address and then one other time it's sent to a slightly tweaked address (but still recognizable as his e-mail). I've downloaded the Excell spreadsheet on the class and checked to make sure that this e-mail address hasn't been superimposed onto someone else's address (that HAS happened before). And I'd like to clean up that list but I don't know how to access the e-mail-the-class list to delete those multiple address. I can't see the list until AFTER the e-mails have all gone out. Any ideas?

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 11:37 PM - Response #1

In each Profile there is a primary email address and up to 3 alternate email addresses. Did this Classmate possibly fill in all 4 email fields? That would do it. Only the primary email address exports on your xls file.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 11:45 PM - Response #2

Brad! I want to marry you! Have your children! Ooops, I'm already married. Have more than enough children. But, seriously, YOU are a rock star problem-solver! THAT was it! He'd multi-entered all those e-mail addresses! I deleted them. Problem solved. I'll now go back to my marriage of 33 years!

Edited 05/20/09 11:45 PM
Thursday, May 21, 2009 at 12:10 AM - Response #3

All right, I'm just briefly accepting your offer (for about 3 seconds). I'm married too with the two greatest kids on the planet, so I'll keep this little encounter of ours here a secret if you will.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.