ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Virtual Reunions

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/11/11 12:01 AM Views: 1342 Replies: 4
Friday, March 11, 2011 at 12:01 AM

Hello All,

I am planning a virtual reunion. I dont see it on the Forum. I have some ideas. We are preparing an excell spread sheet offering different activities, dance cards,secrets, messages, all to be posted during a hosted live chat on the site. those signing in will be sent PDF ID cards for attending. I need some other ideas and inputs especially if you know the limits on the live chat or how to show animated characters on the live chat etcetera. Wish us luck on our first attempt.

Friday, March 11, 2011 at 1:39 AM - Response #1

MCC, though that is not your name...

This sounds like fun! I believe the live chat holds 25 at a time. Are you planning an hour a class year? I'd love to hang out in the corner.

I am sure you will hear from others very soon and look forward to seeing the ideas flying across this page. If animation is not possible, you can always run yourself as a live chat cam and hold up premade signs.

I'll be back to read and hopefully with fresh ideas after some sleep.

Sunday, March 13, 2011 at 10:05 AM - Response #2

All Classmates,

The MCC 1971 site is implementing the first ever (in the world as far as we know) Virtual Reunion. This will be a hosted live chat event for all classmates that would be unable to attend a real reunion. Because this is a Virtual Event there are no practical restrictions as to distance, time, or age. Since we are all adults, you can dance with any classmate or faculty member or any date that is announced at the live chat. There is a rumor that Marilyn Monroe may make a guest appearance.

We believe that this Virtual Reunion is something that will become more common in the future and as the web cam technology improves it will become more interactive, stimulating, and surprising for all participants.

Here is how the Virtual reunion will work. Anyone wanting to participate in the Virtual reunion must go to the Virtual Reunion
Questionaire and fill out a questionnaire to be included in the Reunion script. Please provide any details along with your answers. The questionnaire responses become material for the Reunion Script (like a play). No one attending the Virtual reunion will be aware of the responses or what the other attendees have built into their portions of the Reunion Script.

The Virtual Reunion will play out over the course of Welcomes and Introductions, the First Dance, Table Talk, Revealed Secrets, Dances 2 through 5, Funny Things, Serious Things, Dances 6-9, Overheard Conversations, and the Last Dance.
A transcript of the Virtual Reunion will be emailed to everyone who completes a questionnaire. Virtual Reunion ID Badges and mementos will be sent to all attendees.

Remember this is groundbreaking stuff so we will need some implementation and participation by class members to get the bugs worked out. A practice Virtual Reunion is scheduled for April 16th , May 21st, and June 18th, all leading up to the first ever Virtual Reunion on 16 Jul 2011. All Virtual Reunions will be starting at 6:00pm Eastern time. Please fill out a questionnaire and attend the practice Virtual Reunions if you can.

Rick Mandigo
"I will lift thee, and if ye assist me,
we shall ascend together."

Sunday, March 13, 2011 at 10:52 AM - Response #3

This is a really good idea. Will be looking for all responses and info. This is something I think we would like to try. Could you post a copy of your questionaire? Give the rest us some ideas. Sounds like you all have it covered but if I think of anything, I will send it on.
Tina

Sunday, March 13, 2011 at 2:47 PM - Response #4

Hi Rick -- an ambitious idea with good potential; many of us will be following your development and experiences.

I think the two things that are going to be problems are:

#1 Only 25 people can be on the Live Chat in one time.
#2 While everyone could have a web cam feed for others to view, each person can only view one web cam at a time.

For example: Let's say Jane 'has the floor' for a presentation -- All would have to independently select her web cam to 'watch' her.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.