ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Deceased classmate is announced as a New Classmate

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 05/25/15 02:00 AM Views: 1133 Replies: 3
Monday, May 25, 2015 at 2:00 AM

Okay, here's a not-too-common situation, yet one of some importance. I hope you can fix this without too much difficulty.

Before sending out a New Classmate notice, can the program check to see if that "new" classmate is deceased ?

This is what occurred:

I got news from a classmate that a fellow classmate had died. I went ahead entered an obituary for him on the In Memory page, as I have done many times.

The difference is that this time, the classmate had started the registration process, years ago. I had sent an e-mail to him as part of the verification process, and he hadn't responded. So he wasn't verified.

In order to enter him on the In Memory page, I had to verify him. And from me verifying him, all the classmates received the "A new Classmate has joined Cheltenham High School" e-mail notice.

In other words, the classmates were sent a message about a New Classmate who is deceased.

I find this unpleasant.

Hopefully this can be improved.

Thanks again for a great program.

-- Fred

Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 4:53 PM - Response #1

Very interesting scenario. I will discuss this internally and if it is not too difficult to address, then we may attempt a fix. Fortunately, this is much less than a 1% of the time sort of issue.

Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 5:04 PM - Response #2

Hi, Scott -- Thanks for looking into this.

As we both agree, this is a very unlikely and unusual circumstance. If you can fix it, great. If not, there's a good chance it will never happen again.

Thanks --

-- Fred

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.