ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

What are "Where do you live now" and "Type your Question Here" for under Classmates Profile setup?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/09/09 12:43 PM Views: 1317 Replies: 3
Thursday, July 9, 2009 at 12:43 PM

Classmates are asking me what the following two questions are for under their profile setup, as they have a circle to click in next to them, but nothing happens nor is there a box for them to enter any information. Can you please explain how these are to be used?

Where do you live now?        

Type Your Question Here        

Thanks

Thursday, July 9, 2009 at 4:02 PM - Response #1

"Where do you live now?" and "Type your question here" are both questions you added to your Profiles page. Click on your Profile Generator link. See how all of the questions are shaded in light blue? The blue ones are the default questions. The 2 questions in white are questions that you added.

For the "Where do you live now" question I recommend you go in and delete that one. There's already a "Residing in" question in the default questions, and this question works with the "Where They Are Now" map, so I'd only leave that one active.

For your "Type Your Question Here" question, I'd delete that one too, unless you want to change the wording and ask your Classmates something unique. Which I recommend by the way. It's nice to personalize Profile questions you're asking your Classmates because it makes Profiles more interesting for other Classmates to read.

Thursday, July 9, 2009 at 8:28 PM - Response #2

Thanks...That was an easy fix...I don't recall ever typing those entries, but obviously I must have at some point. Since we are on the subject of profile questions...what are some other profile questions that are successful to use? Any ideas?

Friday, July 10, 2009 at 4:32 AM - Response #3

1) Click FAQs above
2) Click Questions About Building Your Site
3) Check out Question #17

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.