ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Bouncebacks

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/29/10 09:48 PM Views: 1358 Replies: 4
Wednesday, September 29, 2010 at 9:48 PM

This is just to confirm the way I am doing bounce backs. When I get the bouncebacks I edit to see what the problem is. I usually get about 50 back from 5,000 so not so bad. Out of 50 there are probably 30 that I have to "resend?" for security reansons. The others are my question. Most will say this email is temporary shut down or inactive or somehing like that. When this happens I usually delete the email from profile. I also copy the email in ADMIN space. Is this the way to do this or is there a better way? We have 26,000+ so the less I have to do the better.
Thanks

Thursday, September 30, 2010 at 12:24 AM - Response #1

That is exactly what I would recommend that you do. You don't want to send a non-working address again so moving it to admin notes is a great way of keeping track of the last email address you had on file for someone.

If they are a member - removing their email address will affect their login. If you have another way of contacting them you may want to try to get an updated email address that can be added into the system for email and login purposes.

Thursday, August 4, 2011 at 7:57 AM - Response #2

Can you explain this? What and where is ADMIN space? I think I want to do this so I have a record of the last email address I had for someone before I remove it from their profile.

Thursday, August 4, 2011 at 8:00 AM - Response #3

Duh, found it!

Thursday, August 4, 2011 at 8:42 AM - Response #4

Just for those who don't know, the "ADMIN space" can be found on Manage Classmates, DETAILS, "Admin Notes:"

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.