ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Downloading pictures

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/22/08 02:32 PM Views: 1339 Replies: 2
Monday, December 22, 2008 at 2:32 PM

Is there a way to download pictures onto my class creator website using a CD? I have dial-up and it takes forever just to download one picture into photobucket, slide or flickr? Any other thoughts or ideas?

Monday, December 22, 2008 at 2:48 PM - Response #1

I think you're saying "download" when you mean upload... I believe you can select a file on a CD when you're using the image upload tool in the editor.
Were you not able to do that? I don't see how using a CD would solve your speed issue though...
only other thought would be to get a faster connection!

Good luck!
Beth

Edited 12/22/08 2:49 PM
Monday, December 22, 2008 at 4:16 PM - Response #2

Question 7, under Questions about Building My Site from the Class Creator FAQ covers this.

The best thing to do to resize the photos before uploading them, this way the file size is smaller and you will take less time to upload them. To do this you would need to save the files from the CD to your computer first, then you can use the program listed in the instuctions below to re-size them. You probably have photos that are 1-2 megebytes a piece, maybe more. If you re-size them to 500 pixels wide, you will cut that down drastically.

How do I upload photos to my home page or other pages of my web site?

Note: It's ok to upload oversized images to your site, such as large photo scans. However extremely large images, such as very large digital photos or image scans, may cause our system or yours to time out. If you are working with an extremely large image you should resize it to 1,000 pixels wide before uploading (a great free image resizing utility can be downloaded at www.irfanview.com). Our system will automatically resize any uploaded images to fit perfectly on your web page. After upload your image just press the Save button, and you will see that your photo has been perfectly sized for your page. Tip: After uploading an image into your editor, we recommend you click the "Save Changes" button immediately and allow our system to resize your image. Then go back into your editor to make any additional edits you desire. This way you can work with the resized image instead of the original larger image that you uploaded.

America Online Users: In some circumstances you may experience problems with uploading images. If you do please switch to your regular Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari web browser instead when you wish to perform image uploads.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.