ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Centering youtube videos

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/25/17 10:03 PM Views: 1046 Replies: 3
Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 10:03 PM

The last three times I've added a video to my home page, I could not get it to center -- even though I've been doing this procedure for 8 years. The edit and source modes both indicate it should be centered, but the "real" mode shows it is to the left. I've been trying different things in source but can't make it work. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Carole

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 10:53 PM - Response #1

Actually CC is ADDING code to your page. I've noted this in BUGS and they fixed it for a Refresh for JVideoplayer but apparently it's still that way for raw YouTube embed code.

Thanks for posting this since many people are not noticing that VIDEO code is being modified by CC improperly.

The EXTRA code being added is < div class="video-container" > that messes up the video displayed. It ALSO modifies the width of the video to a maximum of 640. This comes from template.css

This only happens on Responsive Design sites. That's why you haven't noticed before, however, ALL of you raw YouTube videos are probably affected.

Please POST in Bugs so that somebody gets on top of this weird change. Besides the fact that Videos can be wider than 640 on Responsive the other attributes need to be left alone. This is the full CSS

P.S. Responsive Design needs to have an explanation that existing sites with fixed tables need to change their code. Instead of width=400 (or whatever) tables need to be coded with a width in percent. For example, width="100%" for full width available. Same thing for ANY code that used fixed values. If one does not, then the design no longer is truly responsive for mobile devices (if that matters).

The main issue for regular PCs is that a lot of empty space is generated on the right side. Wink

Edited 10/25/17 10:57 PM
Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 12:15 PM - Response #2

Carole, as Jack suggests please post this in "bugs" also.

I too have been experiencing the same problem you describe and had been successfully centering You Tubes for years as you also mention.

Friday, October 27, 2017 at 12:39 AM - Response #3

I shared Carole's post in the bugs topic with a link to this page. I had the same problem.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.