ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Successful Reunion

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/28/15 04:39 PM Views: 1030 Replies: 4
Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 4:39 PM

We had our 40th class reunion on Saturday, July 25th and it was a great success. We held a fundraiser to help pay for the cost of our venue which was $1200. We didn't have to pass that cost onto our ticket price as well as we were able to pay for the DJ! We were able to have Koozies and magnets made to give out and only charged $35 a ticket to cover the cost of the meal. Everyone had a great time and we now decided we are going to have a craft fair every year to add to our class funds!Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 5:19 PM - Response #1

The idea of giving magnets was something I seriously considered but the cost was quite high. I would be interested hearing how you handled keeping the manufacturing and final costs down. I would even be willing to discuss it privately.

Edited 07/28/15 5:20 PM
Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 6:31 PM - Response #2

Congratulations!!! Sounds like a winner and you did alot of things right. I think it is great when classmates can be so generous. It surely pays off for them in the long run. Bonita

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 6:45 PM - Response #3

Sheree--That's fantastic! I would love to know more about your reunion, which items you sold/auctioned etc. (what was donated, what was sold, net/gross income)

We had our 35th reunion this year and attendance was down slightly, probably because it's not a decade reunion.

We had a classmate with a t-shirt printing business who donated shirts. About 50 t-shirts were printed (25 were pre-paid so we knew what sizes they wanted). He printed extras which were sold at the reunion and online again after the reunion. We had about 40 shirts sold, which means total income of about $400 (minus PayPal fees). We are a class of 452, but had about 100 guests (classmates and spouses) at this year's reunion

Classmates suggested an auction or silent auction for the next reunion to include items connected with our class such as woodworking, books etc made by classmates.

We also had a donation button (visible on the homepage as well as the event planner). We had a suggested donation of $5 to $10 per person to help pay for reunion overhead (like save-the-date postcards) as well as website and domain expenses (about $600 for the next five years. Also there is typically $500 needed for deposit of the Saturday dinner venue. I think about 40 people donated (ranging $5 to $100) a total of about $700. Total donations are about $1100 so we are set for the next reunion.

If it's not too much work, I would love to hear from others what you've done recently for fundraising. Could you write a summary of your fundraisers to post on the class reunion site to share (or least make available on request). That would be fantastic!

Edited 07/28/15 7:26 PM
Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 6:23 AM - Response #4

We are a small class from a smaller town but all very close over the years for the most part. There's always those who you just can't convince to come. The magnets we purchased from Vista Print. I created the design, uploaded them to Vista and it was that simple. This is our second time using the business card size magnet. Their prices are very reasonable. I think we paid like $12 for 100 magnets.

We have had banners made by them too. I watch for their sales and that's the best way to order from them. They are very nice heavy quality. One banner was our "Welcome Class of 1975" we omitted the dates or year of reunion so it could be used for many years to hang at all reunions. The banner of our graduation class photo turned out to be great too from them. That was only $33 and it's 6 x 2 1/2. A class built us a frame to Velcro it to so it's easier to store.

One classmate did a beautiful video photo show set to music with every single person in our class's senior picture followed by photos over the years of them which they provided her with. Also a memory portion was shown as well for the 18 classmates we have lost over the years. It was a huge hit and she received a standing ovation from the class for it.

2 of us that have organized the reunion, were presented with cards and a bouquet of flowers for our dedication to doing these reunions.

The Koozies were bought locally but I know he would do anything for anyone if you need a name... let me know!

Our fundraiser was a craft fair where we collected all the money paid by the crafters for their table space, we sold hot dogs chips and a soda.. kept it simple. Our class had a bake sale table and we did a 50/50 raffle. We also did a raffle with 12 donated items from a Dell note book to many $25 gift cards and a generous donation of $100 amazon card. It was a lot of work but paid off by getting more than $1000 from it!!

It's so fun to see it all come together!
Check out our photos on our page. PW is crhs19752015 to get on if you need it. I will leave it open for a while then change the PW again to keep us secure.

Edited 07/30/15 6:28 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.