ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Reunion Attendees

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/24/11 02:04 PM Views: 1242 Replies: 5
Tuesday, May 24, 2011 at 2:04 PM

I know that this has been addressed previously..... but is there a way to automatically show the Reunion attendees based on the "Yes I will be attending the reunion" when they complete their profile. I have a member who asked to see a list of those attending. The problem is that those indicating "yes" on the profile have not completed the ticket purchase in the reunion planner. Any suggestions? Thanks! Pat

www.seminole81.com

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 at 3:13 PM - Response #1

When someone answers Yes within their profile - that answer is merely an indication of their intention to attend the reunion. This is different from actually have purchased a ticket. The issue is that many people will want to know that others are intending on coming to the event before they actually commit to a purchase. Therefore, the two actions are not tied together. However, if someone has not given an indication of if they plan on attending the reunion, and then they buy tickets, the system knows to show them as a Yes. On the top of the Classmate profiles page, you will see in the legend, a line that says: Attending Buy Tickets / Events: (it is named this way due to the way you named the page for your Reunion Planner). This will tell you the combined number intent + actual purchases, for your event. To see actual tickets sold, you must go to the Reunion Planner.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 at 3:20 PM - Response #2

(Continuing from where Scott left off...)

Download the attendee list and open the file in Excel. Select the columns showing the first and last names (and guest names if you want to include that.) Copy those columns.

There are several ways to share those names.

Here's one: Paste the copied names into a text program such as Notepad (Windows/All Programs/Accessories/Notepad). You may need to do some tweaking to get the names in an appropriate arrangement.

You can then post that text file with a link indicating these are the names of those who have already purchased event tickets, etc. Or you can include that entire list as an announcement. etc.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 at 3:38 PM - Response #3

Great! Thank you gentlemen. Have a nice day.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 at 4:08 PM - Response #4

I had a classmate who I know is just a "Nosey Nellie" and she wouldn't mind me saying so, who just wants to keep up with who is actually attending. I don't know how many people you are dealing with but I expect around 150 and what I did was use the survey and created a link of

WHO IS COMING!!!!!!

and then listed those who have registered. I know people have checked it and I say at the top, if you don't see someone that you should be seeing, maybe a phone call is in order, thus placing that responsibility on the classmate to get their friend(s) there.

We are nearing the end of our early bird special and it's fast and furious right now and then I will get a break I know. But this is a simple survey and just needs to be kept up.

It's wide open (not protected) so you can take a look at how I did it!

DKD

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 at 7:38 PM - Response #5

Thanks for sharing, Denise! I took a look. M:O)

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.