ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

photo editing -- upside down

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/05/16 04:31 PM Views: 1287 Replies: 11
Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 4:31 PM
FC Dallas.jpg

How do I flip a photo 180 degrees? Took a selfie with my left hand. Phone was sideways with shutter button on the left. Now I try to post the photo and it insists on being upside down. When I edit the photo on my computer to rotate it 180 degrees and upload it again, Class Creator still shows it upside down. It shouldn't be this hard. I have wasted an hour on this.

Edited 07/05/16 4:31 PM
Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 6:08 PM - Response #1

Hi David,

Go to EDIT PROFILE under MEMBER FUNCTIONS.
Click on PHOTOS to open your PHOTO GALLERY. Mouse over the photo thumbnail to see the PENCIL ICON. Mouse over the pencil to see three options. Choose ADJUST PHOTO. Click on ORIENTATION in the middle of the editing options. From there, I think you have it.

These instructions seem to be a bit of work but once you have the hang of it, you will move quickly in the future.

Of course, upside down might be fun next April Fool's Day. Cool

Edited 07/05/16 6:10 PM
Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 6:25 PM - Response #2

Regular Image or File upload does not detect photo "meta" data that contains rotation info.

Easy fix: Load the image in an image editor (Paint works), save it back to your system. Now upload and it will be 'fixed'. P.S. Be sure to delete the existing image first, otherwise you'll have two.

CC could enable the photo editor for "Image" vault data too Idea The one used in profiles and galleries.

David Cordell wrote:

How do I flip a photo 180 degrees?

Edited 07/05/16 6:36 PM
Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 6:43 PM - Response #3

Jack, Are you talking about working IN Gallery Creator? If so, perhaps you should visit it again. You must have missed an announcement.

In GALLERY CREATOR, mouse over the line of a photo. The first button is ADJUST. Click on ADJUST to view the editor.
(Info provided for fellow admins who may read this.)

Jack Vermeulen wrote:

Regular Image or File

CC could enable the photo editor for "Image" vault data too Idea The one used in profiles and galleries.

David Cordell wrote:

How do I flip a photo 180 degrees?

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 7:00 PM - Response #4

Please note Image and File upload - meaning those file vaults. Only those do what is being described. I think he's trying to insert an image on a page, not profile, not gallery.

IOW Gallery and Profile system recognize metadata and does not require rotation, therefore, pretty sure it's a 'vault' upload hereCool

Also said "The one used in profiles and galleries" referring to what now works. Little details.

(As you noted -Info provided for fellow admins who may read this - to know how to fix Image/File vault images)

Gwen Corey wrote:

Jack, Are you talking about working IN Gallery Creator?

Edited 07/05/16 7:26 PM
Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 8:53 PM - Response #6

Thanks, Bill!
SAVING it is a good idea!Idea

Bill Leggett wrote:

AFTER YOU rotate it 180 degrees you NEED to safe IT then load it again

Edited 07/05/16 9:33 PM
Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 9:26 PM - Response #8

Could be that "When I edit the photo on my computer to rotate it 180 degrees and upload it again", he didn't save it. Odd though since all photo editors I have automatically show it correctly and one would think everything is fine.

I'm curious what photo editor doesn't show it correctly right up front. As I posted earlier, all one normally needs to do is Save and Upload. No rotation required. Paint works. It shows it 'correctly' and when one "saves" the metadata is fixed.

You can also use Photo Preview in Windows 10 (I think that came from an earlier version of Windows) and just rotate 360, which automatically also saves a corrected copy.

But all of this only relates to Image and File vault uploads, not Gallery or Profile.

FWIW this has been reported for at least 5 years.

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 9:35 PM - Response #9

Off topic but I am happy to share, Bill. I use this one:
http://mycountdown.org/Special_Day/Reunion/

Bill Leggett wrote:

GWEN I need a count down clock for a reunion I can't find the one I use to have.

Thank

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 11:08 PM - Response #10

The photo was to be inserted in an announcement in the Message Forum, and was not intended as a profile photo.

After reading the comments, I imported the photo into Paint, rotated it, and saved it on my computer. I then
imported it into the message.

It would be nice if there were a couple of tools available in the Message Forum when a photo is imported. I often use Image Properties to change the size of a photo, but rotation and other small tools would be helpful.

Thanks for the input!

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 11:30 PM - Response #11

Great - One solved. I'm puzzled though.

Didn't Paint.exe (or MSpaint.exe) already show it in the correct orientation? All I have to do is save and nothing more. It shows your image correctly right away. (Same for several other graphic editing programs.)

Maybe you thought it had to be rotated to fix(?), but if it showed correctly all you had to do was Save.

If it was upside down in paint, have no clue why it would be different for you. I'm now on Windows10 but this worked since Windows7 (and possibly even earlier) in Paint.

I think you meant tools in the Editor (edit: I see now, you have a Message Forum link). Rotation would be useful. The Editor is licensed by CC. IOW, the Editor (and embedded tools) are not created by CC coders. Thus difficult to change, even if source is provided.

CC could maybe add the current photo editor used in Gallery and Profiles as a separate task. That's a nice online photo editor.

David Cordell wrote:

After reading the comments, I imported the photo into Paint, rotated it, and saved it on my computer. I then imported it into the message.

Edited 07/06/16 2:09 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.