ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Master Photo

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/31/09 06:35 PM Views: 1442 Replies: 12
Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 6:35 PM

Is it possible to have the Master Photo default to the Senior Photo? You could even have an yes/no switch if the classmates want to stay anonymous.

A lot of the classmates are not going to put a photo there and it is always nice to see with whom you are talking or posting. We have a large (637 classmates) class.

I have had several classmates wanting their Senior Photo, so they can use it as their Master Photo. To do that I will have to email them the Senior Photo as an attachment.

Thanks ... Cav

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 7:58 PM - Response #1

'Cav' Web _Admin wrote:

Is it possible to have the Master Photo default to the Senior Photo? You could even have an yes/no switch if the classmates want to stay anonymous.

A lot of the classmates are not going to put a photo there and it is always nice to see with whom you are talking or posting. We have a large (637 classmates) class.

I have had several classmates wanting their Senior Photo, so they can use it as their Master Photo. To do that I will have to email them the Senior Photo as an attachment.

Thanks ... Cav

This goes along with the first post: in the forums, will only the name be associated with a post or if there a way to attach someone's photo (senior or master) to their posts, like how our school logo attaches to our posts in these forums? I like to match a face with a name...

Thanks,
Vicki

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 9:31 PM - Response #2

This is an outstanding idea.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 10:44 PM - Response #3

Brad Switzer wrote:

SENIOR PHOTOS AS MASTER PHOTOS
This is an outstanding idea.

... AND ... ??? This is an outstanding idea ... ClassCreator will stop all other productive work ... AND add this to the "User Forum" right away???

... AND ... ??? This is an outstanding idea ... ClassCreator will not stop everything ... AND we will put this idea on the INFAMOUS "To Do List" ???

Brad, come on ... you can't just put a comment out there ... AND leave US hanging like this !!!

Thanks to y'all ... Cav

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 11:07 PM - Response #4

AND this has been added to the Task List. C'mon now, were you expecting another answer? Wink

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 11:40 PM - Response #5

Brad Switzer wrote:

AND this has been added to the Task List. C'mon now, were you expecting another answer? Wink

Brad ... as my friends could tell you ... I still believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Great Punkin who visits my house every October 31st Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

So, with that said ... I believe ClassCreator's answer WAS going to be: Sure Cav ... "we can and will add the Senior Photo as an option to the Master Photo" first thing tomorrow morning!!!

Brad ... you have not broken my spirit ... my belief in Claus, the Bunny, that Punkin guy is still there ... BUT I am getting a little shaky about this INFAMOUS "Task List" ... Is it real or something that ClassCreator has created to keep All us Administrators in line believing that one day our "Task List" requests will someday come TRUE???

Every night before I sign off from ClassCreator I always chant to myself "I believe ... I believe ... I believe the ClassCreator's "Task List" items will come True." Brad, Do you believe?

Cav ... looking forward to seeing the Easter Bunny in a couple of weeks. Very HappyWinkVery Happy

Wednesday, April 1, 2009 at 12:05 AM - Response #6

I believe Smile

Wednesday, April 1, 2009 at 12:10 AM - Response #7

He he he. Well of course I believe Cav! Would ANY of this even be here if I didn't believe? Didn't you just see the threaded forums come true right before your very eyes on Sunday??? Smile

While far from perfect yet, we think we have here...well...let me just say one of the "most unique" class web site systems anywhere. I honestly don't spend very much time studying our competitors (I'm just too busy), but to the best of my knowledge we are the only class web site system that was literally shaped by the users.

Now, the only "problem" with that is ya'll have so many good ideas that I blame YOU for the infamous "Task List" even existing. So you see, it's all your fault. What I can tell you though, is every day, a bunch of crazy Class Creator people wake up and absolutely work their tails off on this system. Even with our very best efforts, some tasks have to wait. But as I've said before, we are in fact open to bribes when it comes to bumping YOUR particular task up the on the list. You'd never believe what the programmers will do for a free late night pizza. I think I'll leave it there. Smile

Edited 04/01/09 12:15 AM
Wednesday, April 1, 2009 at 12:13 AM - Response #8

Now if all the other Administrators would do the same thing and chant "I believe" before signing off ... I believe like you, that the additional programmer you keep wishing for ... may come True resulting in completing more and more of those Tasks off your List.

Cav Wink

Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 5:13 AM - Response #9

Brad Switzer wrote:

While far from perfect yet, we think we have here...well...let me just say one of the "most unique" class web site systems anywhere.
hmmmm, that reminds me to make that 'Cutting Edge' Logo!Cool
Brad Switzer wrote:

Now, the only "problem" with that is ya'll have so many good ideas that I blame YOU for the infamous "Task List" even existing.
Shocked

Edited 04/02/09 5:14 AM
Wednesday, April 8, 2009 at 10:39 AM - Response #10

Brad,

I know you HAVE the User Forum "Master Photo that will default to the Senior Photo" on your "TO DO LIST". KUDOS!!!

. . . BUT what about putting a hot link from the Message Author's NAME on the "User Forum" to their profile. We have a large Class 600+ classmates. If we do not recognize the classmate's name and they have not put a Master Photo link on the User Forum . . . we have to go back to the "Classmate Profile" then look them up and then BACK space a couple of times to get back to reading their posted message/comment.

Just a thought?!? or is it that I am lazy?!?

KUDOS ... Cav

Wednesday, April 8, 2009 at 11:19 AM - Response #11

It's on Dave's list. HE must be the lazy one. If you're really nice and throw in a bribe or two, he MAY just do this.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009 at 12:13 PM - Response #12

Ok Dave ... I take back all the KUDOS I have given Brad because I know that you and the team behind Brad are the real brains behind this amazing website. Can I cancel that $549.00 Ten Year Check and resend it to you Dave?

Brad ... you don't think that was too much brown nosing do you?

KUDOS ... to y'all

Dave, I believe in you too!!!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.