ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Name Tags

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/20/11 04:33 PM Views: 1444 Replies: 9
Thursday, October 20, 2011 at 4:33 PM

We're getting ready to complete the Reunion Planner. Is there any way to view a sample of what the name tag looks like before we do that?

Thanks, John

Thursday, October 20, 2011 at 4:36 PM - Response #1

You have to have at least one classmate register for your reunion before you can see what the name tags look like. After you do that, you will see that there are many options to choose from (large name, large picture, different fonts, etc.)

Thursday, October 20, 2011 at 5:16 PM - Response #2

Thanks for your quick reply, Kyle. I just didn't want to "go live" until we have all our details set.
John

Thursday, October 20, 2011 at 6:53 PM - Response #3
errormessage.jpg

Like John, we're starting to become curious what the end product will look like before committing to purchase of a particular form number. We have accepted pre-registrations (without settling on reunion event price yet), so believe we could do a couple of trial printouts. If not on the near term feature enhancement list, perhaps we could invite a couple of former reunion organizers to post sample photo(s) of the format they used.
Bob
PS. I tried selecting 4 names to print out just now and got an error message (screen shot attached) that we could not connect with the host server!

Edited 10/20/11 6:57 PM
Thursday, October 20, 2011 at 10:48 PM - Response #4

How do you charge for pre-registration? What do you say?
BarbaraQuestion

Thursday, October 20, 2011 at 11:42 PM - Response #5
errormessage.jpg

Bob Dahms wrote:

PS. I tried selecting 4 names to print out just now and got an error message (screen shot attached) that we could not connect with the host server!

That happens with the beta and Aurora versions of FF. Don't think it's a CC error. But if you are not running a beta, maybe it is in that CC detection is not pickup up newer FF versions correctly??

I used IE to generate labels. Can't check anymore since our Reunion is over to see what FF versions work. I think FF 5 used to work and it stopped at around 7 when it was in beta. I'm now on 8 and 9 (Aurora).

Thursday, October 20, 2011 at 11:51 PM - Response #6
reunionpage.jpg

Barbara,
My understanding is that you can start the Reunion Planner as soon as you have something to "sell." We decided to start with a line item which permits folks to make a "Donation" and set the price at $5, then left the reunion dinner at the default price of zero. Folks could therefore start to pre-register, and if they were so inclined, make a donation. I'll attach a screen shot of how we worded it. Sorry for the small type, but I re-sized the page to keep file size small.
Bob

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 4:56 PM - Response #7

Jack, I'm getting an error when trying to view your attached image of an error message. Can you just email me that image at eric@classcreator.com?

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 5:42 PM - Response #8

Eric, that was an accidental image included when I hit "quoted Reply" It's not my image, but the prior one. Sort of a bug in the forum.

I did have exactly that same error message, but since I was running beta versions my comment ignored by CC - which I agreed with since it just started out of the blue and it was working before with FF.

I just reran with FF9 and still get the same exact error.

Sunday, October 30, 2011 at 1:19 AM - Response #9

OK, it appears you do have a problem. FF 7.0.1 productin release (not beta) does not work for generating labels. So if you go back to when I first reported this, whatever you did back then is what is causing this.

As I stated, FF was then beta, so it was ignored.

(I've been working on getting a system back up and testing FF 7 is actually part of the drill - so that's why I just tested FF 7 which I normally no longer use.)

Edited 10/30/11 1:19 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.