ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Message Forum

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/20/09 09:26 AM Views: 1280 Replies: 2
Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 9:26 AM

I was curious - is there anyway we can change the name of the Message Forum? Since our class logo is a falcon - I thought the Falcon Forum would be a cool name.

The new forums didn't go over very well with my classmates and they all use the Message Forum and like to be able to talk about anything and be able to read other classmate's posts in the forum rather than jumping from forum to forum.

I also put an instant chat room using one of my tabs and call it Central Chat Room (still anticipating CC's instant chat service). Wink

Thanks again for all that you all do - you're an awesome bunch!

Dawn

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 3:35 PM - Response #1

It's one of those cases where had you had the new forums from the start, and then were trying to switch to the old forums, you'd have people up in arms. From photo avatars to subscription options to keeping topics organized, the new forums work far better. If possible I'd try to give it more of a chance, but you're not the first that had people get used to the "all in 1" forums and decide to stick with that. No you currently cannot rename those forums like you can with the new forums as you've noted. We weren't planning to support the old forums anymore, but due to the fact we've had some classes just like yours wanting to roll with those forums only, maybe we'll bring them back as an option for all classes. AKA a "simple forums" option and an "advanced forums" option. Will discuss this more internally -- if we do that, those forums and all other pages for that matter will be renamable when our link sorting module comes out later this year.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 6:26 PM - Response #2

You're right as usual Brad - - I put it back up and will leave it up and see how it goes. I probably didn't give it enough time. I'm impatient like that. Wink

Dawn

Edited 05/20/09 6:26 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.