ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Where Are Yearbook Photos?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/27/12 12:17 PM Views: 1176 Replies: 7
Saturday, October 27, 2012 at 12:17 PM

I think I've seen this on here before but I cannot find it in my searches. Exactly where are yearbook photos stored? How can I get to them? I don't see a folder with that name.

Saturday, October 27, 2012 at 1:00 PM - Response #1

Go to "Brother Photos" (or if you haven't renamed it, Classmate Photos) and click the button SHOW BROTHER PHOTOS (or SHOW CLASSMATE PHOTOS). For DECEASED classmates, there is also a checkbox of the same name on the IN MEMORY page.

Saturday, October 27, 2012 at 2:05 PM - Response #2

I can go to Brothers' Profiles and then click Show Brothers' Photos but I was looking for a folder with all of them listed? For example, I previously uploaded one for one person. I then deleted it. Wouldn't this still be stored somewhere? I don't want to upload it again if it's already there stored somewhere (but not "active" on his profile.

Saturday, October 27, 2012 at 2:45 PM - Response #3

This will be interesting. I was thinking they don't have a central storage for them, but they must be someplace or how could we get a download of those photos?

I have a dummy photo I use for certain members when there's no yearbook picture (most of ours don't have them) and I'd love to be able to pull it up from the CC locker to reuse instead of having to upload it over and over. That seems like it would take a lot of extra space on their server.

Edited 10/27/12 3:07 PM
Saturday, October 27, 2012 at 3:36 PM - Response #4

If you deleted it, we don't keep it around. If it isn't associated with the profile any more, there is no reason for us to keep it.

you can download all of the Yearbook Photos by going to Manage Classmates, scroll down, then in the Download Photos section, choose DOWNLOAD YEARBOOK PHOTOS button.

Saturday, October 27, 2012 at 3:49 PM - Response #5

In my special case, I use the same picture over and over (it's actually a Life Member certificate for our alumni association) as a yearbook photo. When I post it on yet another classmate, it's taking up another little chunk of space. Is there a way to pull it up from a single copy in our CC vault instead of uploading again from my desktop, so it uses only that much server space once?

I know. I'm always trying to do things in a way it's not designed for!

Edited 10/27/12 4:22 PM
Saturday, October 27, 2012 at 6:03 PM - Response #6

Mary,

Not sure what you mean. Classmate Yearbook Photos do not take up any file vault space. It is FREE space given to your website. It doesn't matter to your File Vault storage size if you keep uploading the same image over and over for the YEARBOOK PHOTO of your classmates.

Saturday, October 27, 2012 at 6:53 PM - Response #7

Kyle,

Besides it seeming redundant to re-upload the same thing to the site, I guess I care about the overall footprint we make on your site, whether or not we're dinged for it? I'll quit worrying and be quiet.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.