ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Second Webpage?

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 09/29/10 11:18 AM Views: 1206 Replies: 2
Wednesday, September 29, 2010 at 11:18 AM

Brad, I know you are currently working on a group of new Class Creator page types and I am wondering if you might consider another. As you know, our class site and the reunion committee have parted ways. The reunion committee doesn't have access to my site, (even with the limiting access options you currently provide) so I wonder if a second site on Class Creator, that's designed just for this purpose might work for them. In my perfect world, it would be a page that I can link to my site, but with a different web address, so classmates understand it is under different management. On the new site, the reunion committee would be able to message the class, post reunion info on their homepage, and collect money. There would be no shared information between the sites; it would be up to them to enter their own class list. The rest of the features (profiles, tabs, pictures, music, chat and video capability) would not be available. They would come to my site for those. Perhaps you could offer it at a discounted rate, available only to those classes that own the full scale version?

I know there aren't a lot of us on Class Creator with this kind of problem, but when it does happen, it sure would be wonderful to have the option. I'm thinking some classes might sign up for this too, simply to avoid confusion between admins.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 at 12:01 PM - Response #1

NOMB, Ruth -- but it sounds like you are being too nice. Evil or Very Mad

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 at 12:36 PM - Response #2

We have seen other classes in this situation split and create their own sites. So there ends up being 2 sites for the same HS and same year, just split into group A and B. There is no good way of keeping such sites together in terms of being build under one system, as they have clearly made the choice to not be together in the first place. Unfortunately, this is not a perfect world and these divisions happen from time to time. Our only realistic suggestion is to have these classes create their own sites where they will have full control over the look of the site, the content of the site and the full functionality of the system, which is the real draw to using Class Creator.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.