ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

In Memoriam Comment Text

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/10/17 12:19 PM Views: 1093 Replies: 11
Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 12:19 PM

When a person not logged in navigates to an individual In Memoriam entry and clicks the add comment button, they are greeted with, in part, "please contact us to inquire about obtaining a Guest Account" at the top of the page.

Can that text be changed?

We are about to announce the death of a beloved teacher/administrator whom individuals from several classes (not members of our site) will be wanting to comment on. We don't want to grant guest access to them. We want to change the text to urge them to send an email so that we can screen the comments.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 1:36 PM - Response #1

Can't you just say to those who inquire that you aren't adding guest accounts at this time and that if they have a comment that they would like to add, you would be happy to add the comment for them.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 2:14 PM - Response #2

If you remove the "restrict to classmates only" in Edit Pages, won't anyone be able to post comments whether a registered classmate or not?

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 3:26 PM - Response #3

No, the ability to post comments on the page is only visible when the person viewing the page is logged in as a member.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 5:06 PM - Response #4

Kyle, I guess that's what we'll have to do. Adds another step in the communication process, though. Thanks for the quick response.
Mike

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 11:19 PM - Response #5

You're welcome! Us Ericksons need to stick together, right?

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 at 1:58 PM - Response #6

Brad & Scott,
How hard would it be for programmers to give the admins a toggle switch like on the profile page...where we can pick and choose to have comments, search engines, etc etc. find us or not??? Could a simple toggle switch be used??? Idea

Would some brownies..get my request done???
Sorry...Brad and his Crew...no brownies over the Holidays in 2016. My hubby was diagnosed with IPF in July is now oxygen dependent and I have some health issues, too. Plus we are in the last stages of getting the house listed and moving to Vegas, Baby.Very Happy

I think it would be a good idea to have that page work like our profile page does.

Edited 01/11/17 2:02 PM
Wednesday, January 11, 2017 at 4:42 PM - Response #7

I think the best option to be sure that content that you want to protect and not get listed with search engines is to use the Edit Site Pages > Edit Link > Restrict to Classmates Only setting. The page will then require that the member be logged in to view the content.

Friday, January 13, 2017 at 8:47 PM - Response #8

Hi Scot, How do I remove a name from the 'missing classmates' list when we find they are deceased
Barbara

Friday, January 13, 2017 at 8:54 PM - Response #9

When you move a classmate to In Memory, they will no longer appear on the "Missing" list.
If, for some reason you don't want to move them to In Memory yet, you can always check the "Missing Override" box in their details page.

Edited 01/13/17 9:01 PM
Saturday, January 14, 2017 at 7:50 AM - Response #10

Barbara, see John's reply above.

Saturday, January 14, 2017 at 11:51 PM - Response #11

Thanks, It worked.
Barbara

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.