ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

In need of one-on-one Gallery guidance

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/01/12 05:20 PM Views: 1476 Replies: 10
Sunday, April 1, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Yes, it happened. I have too much on my mind, which I call 'brain overload.' So I am here asking for your input.

I have a gallery set and ready to be active on my single year site (mchs1970). The galleries are set by elementary, middle and Catholic schools. That is where I stopped. I want classmates to be able to add their class pictures, which I would like under the school - not divided by classmates' personal galleries within the gallery. (Or in the larger gallery.)

Have I explained this clearly? One more time...
1) I have a gallery called School Days.
2) Galleries under school days are by school.
3) I want classmates to add their class photos to the correct school.
4) Is that possible?
5) OR would you suggest I set up a gallery for all to add their pictures and then I move them to the correct school gallery.

See, I have too much input and need to delete my personal cache. (don't you agree?) As soon as I am certain I set the gallery up correctly for the purpose I had in mind, I will send an email to the class. The email is ready to go and this site task will then be checked off my list.

I'm off to tackle other things. Can't wait to hear from all of you wise and smart admins... the ones who know not to overload the memory.Smile

Monday, April 2, 2012 at 11:51 AM - Response #1

Since you (as the administrator) originated the gallery, I'm not sure others can add to that particular gallery.

Easiest way that I see is to ask your classmates to send YOU a school picture from those days and you upload them.

Barbara

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 at 11:22 AM - Response #2

Gwen,

Yes, you can choose to allow members to add pictures to each of the school galleries. In the editor for each school gallery, click on the drop-down list for Upload Permissions and choose "All Classmates" (or "All Classmates, but Approve Photos First"). Do this for each of the school galleries that you created. However, the pictures will be sorted by contributor. So, under each school gallery, if two or more members contribute pictures, there will be separate groupings for each contributor's pictures. I don't think there is any way to change this and it gives credit to those who do contribute pictures.

Hope this is helpful.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 at 11:44 AM - Response #3

If you want to keep all the photos in one gallery (not separated by contributor), you can select "All Classmates, but Approve Photos First" from the Upload Permissions dropdown and then when reviewing photos to approve them, use the "Change Photo Attributions" button to set all the photos to be from you (or another admin). If you want to credit the source, you can add a caption.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 at 12:11 PM - Response #4

Eric B Bassey wrote:

If you want to keep all the photos in one gallery (not separated by contributor), you can select "All Classmates, but Approve Photos First" from the Upload Permissions dropdown and then when reviewing photos to approve them, use the "Change Photo Attributions" button to set all the photos to be from you (or another admin). If you want to credit the source, you can add a caption.

Eric,

Interesting; I'd never used the "Approve Photos First" option and didn't know that the photo attributions could be changed by using it. Can the attributions be changed for existing galleries?

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 at 12:15 PM - Response #5

Erik,

Never mind. I just found the answer by looking at the Edit Photos page; there's a button for changing attributions. Sorry I didn't look at this before asking the question.

Saturday, April 7, 2012 at 9:36 AM - Response #6

Eric B Bassey wrote:

Eric,

That is what I thought would be necessary. Not a breeze for the admin, but the only way to have them by school and not have many moves. I'll have to add a blurb as to the process and stay on top of it.

I need to win the lottery so I can give the attention to my sites. I know. I know. No one twisted my arm to have so many sites. Wink

Saturday, April 7, 2012 at 9:38 AM - Response #7

Barbara and Dick... Thanks for your replies!! Smile

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 at 6:48 PM - Response #8

Gwen,
Did you want a personal photo, a school photo, &/or a group photo with the school in it or what?
Barbara

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 at 5:46 PM - Response #9

Barbara Ecker wrote:

Gwen,
Did you want a personal photo, a school photo, &/or a group photo with the school in it or what?
Barbara

I am building a gallery of elementary class photos, Barbara.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 at 8:24 PM - Response #10

Oh, ok..
Barb

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.